Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Birthday Cards TNTC

My fellow Devotees,

Tempus fugits when it comeS to birthday celebrations. It is already that time of year again. It seems that there are only 28-plus card-shopping days before our dear Diva celebrates another year gone by. And what a year it has been for her with the launch of her new CD.

For all of us landlubbers unfortunate enough not to be on the Olivia Cruise with Suede, I say we try to top ourselves this year by sending her another avalanche of birthday cards in a quantity TNTC (medical shorthand for "too numerous to count"). What a great homecoming it would be to discover that postal workers in Wellfleet are out on disability due to exhaustion and heavy lifting from stuffing Suede's post office box with a gazillion cards.

Of course, please "chime in" with any additional ideas for those of us with terra firma under our feet instead of a teak boat deck!

Re: Birthday Cards TNTC

Greetings Mint Julep!

First, I want to compliment your heartfelt and thoughtful review of "The Secret Life of Bees". I have yet to make it to the film, but it is on my sooner than later list of things to do "soon" and I've heard overwhelming positive reviews from friends!

Chiming in with an idea... It is our Diva's special month, and it has been an exceptionally special year with her new baby out there defying gravity! I had been wondering what our favorite Diva may wish for on her special day. I will be sharing the shoreline with you, Mint Julep, waiting for those suedewaves to come our way and spread the spirit.
But, in the meantime, I have an idea that could be a nice gesture to our dedicated Diva and her "Dangerous Mood"'s introduction to the world. How about a contribution to celebrate each year our Diva has blessed this world? Imagine the avalanche we could create and support Suede? Every penny adds up.. whether a penny per year, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar... you get the picture, I know.

With these hard economic times it seems practicality and devotion fit well hand in hand.
Further thoughts for a birthday avalanche are welcomed! I believe it's the Big 52? If I'm wrong, it's only a bonus, or that extra one for luck!

Anyone interested, details to donate can be found here:
http://www.suedewave.com/upcoming.cfm

Happy November to All~
ML