Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FALL INTO THE MOVIES, AGAIN....

If ANYONE is in the mood for an interesting "escape" or thought-provoking and insightful movie viewing, the following is a list of movies I recommend:

1- RECOUNT
2- UNCOUNTED
3- 14 WOMEN
4- MY COUNTRY, MY COUNTRY
5- THE VISITOR
6- TRAITOR
7- FLASH OF GENIUS
8- ROMAN de GARE
9- TELL NO ONE
10- BOTTLE SHOCK
11- THE DUCHESS
12- BRIDESHEAD REVISITED
13- AFFINITY
14- RACHEL GETTING MARRIED
15- VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA
16- FROZEN RIVER
17- RIGHTEOUS KILL
18- THE DARK NIGHT
19- THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS 2
20- WALL-E
21- MAMMA MIA!
22- YOUNG @ HEART

Wishing ALL out there "reel" cozy-comforts, throughout the autumn season, while looking forward to reading of your movie choices,

Terri

Re: FALL INTO THE MOVIES, AGAIN....

I am expectantly awaiting the arrival of "The Secret Life of Bees" here in Charleston. I am hoping that the screenplay will convey all that a reader feels and absorbs while perusing the manuscript in book form. Hopefully, the heart of the book won't be left on the cutting room floor as has happened with so many other outstanding novels. Regardless, I highly recommend that all movie patrons read this incredible book before watching it unfold on the silver screen. WARNING: Once you start reading, you will not want to put it down until you turn the last page.

Hi, Mint Julep!

I, as well, look forward to viewing "The Secret Life of Bees", adapted from Sue Monk Kidd's compelling novel. (I hope THEY don't "botch" the layered beauty throughout the book!) I am currently reading it, along with 3 other recommendations: The Ten Truths -Jane Goodall & Marc Bekoff, The Female Brain -Louann Brizendine and Written on the Body -Jeanette Winterson.

Of course, your spirit hovers about, as I read of South Carolina, in The Secret Life of Bees!

Here's to great films and literature,
Terri

WHOOPS, I stand corrected... Jane Goodall & Marc Bekoff's book is titled THE TEN TRUSTS, not The Ten Truths... SORRY about the blunder... YIKES!

TR

'the secret life of bees' was a reading experience far and away, above most...i am cautiously hopeful the film will do it justice. we shall see....

i am impatiently awaiting my netflix:

lolita (the original),
babette's feast,
la dolce vita.

some recent favorites:

la strada
bonjour, monsieur shlomi
a patch of blue
the bands visit
the judy garland show
...all good!

best regards to all...Amy

'the secret life of bees' is one of my favorite books. I can't wait to see the movie this weekend (I hope) and hope it does the book justice, too!

We are making it a 'Girl's Day Out' this weekend. While my son-in-law babysits my 3-month old grandson, my partner and I are treating my daughter to a much needed Saturday afternoon at the movies to see "The Secret Life of Bees" here in Charleston. Last week was the big premiere event here with Sue Monk Kidd, our resident author, in attendance. All three of us have read the book and have our fingers crossed that the movie is even half as good as the book itself.

Has anyone out there already seen it and can weigh in with a brief review? I always imagined a very young Mary Stuart Masterson as "Lily" since she did such a superb job with "Fried Green Tomatoes." However, since no one can turn back time or biological clocks for that to happen, I am looking forward to seeing Dakota Fanning as Lily, and, most especially, Queen Latifah as August.

With the present economic downturn and all of its fallout, there is no better time for a "feel good" movie!

Such varying reviews of "Secret Life of Bees" has piqued my curiosity, so will definitely be checking it out this weekend. I love the book, so will go forward with no high expectations on screen. Though Queen Latifah has never let me down!
I'll look forward to reading reviews here, particularly Mint Julep down in Charleston.

I also agree, this is the perfect time for a "feel good" movie!

Cheers to All~
ML

Well, everyone, here goes the "winter-viewing-land" of movie recommendations:

1- W.
2- MILK
3- DOUBT
4- CHOP SHOP
5- CHANGELING
6- THE READER
7- DOWNSTREAM(DOC)
8- DARFUR NOW(DOC)
9- GRAN TORINO
10- FROST/NIXON
11- MAN ON WIRE(DOC)
12- FROZEN RIVER
13- THE WRESTLER
14- HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
15- TAXI TO NOWHERE(DOC)
16- HOLE IN A FENCE(DOC)
17- WALTZ WITH BASHIR
18- BURN AFTER READING
19- REVOLUTIONARY ROAD
20- LAST CHANCE HARVEY
21- SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE
22- I'VE LOVED YOU SO LONG
23- THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PAJAMAS
24- THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

Enjoy your movie-viewing experience(s) and may you ALL continue to support the ARTS!!

Here's to "Cinema Paradiso"....
Terri