Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
P-Town Vacation

It’s almost that time of year again.....vacation in P-town in July! If any of you out there in cyberspace will be on the Cape at the same time, please let us know. We would enjoy the opportunity to meet and greet other Diva Devotees at a mutually agreed upon location. We were thrilled to meet other like-minded folks at the “Diva Devotee Dinner” at Chef Geoff’s in DC and look forward to meeting others who have such good taste in singers and relish a feast for the ears, heart, and psyche when it comes to musical entertainment.

Re: P-Town Vacation

Sounds like "fun in the sun" with MANY tourists, Mint Julep! How nice it would be to meet up with you again, as I enjoyed meeting you and the OTHER "devotees" in Washington, DC. ( Dinner at Chef Geoff's was delicious and what a GREAT "launch" of Suede's "Dangerous Mood" CD, eh?) However, I usually head out to P-town in late October. I actually prefer this time of year to visit. (The brush of autumn breezes.... "cleansing" for the heart, mind body and soul.) I introduced my new puppy (Pug) to this "soulful" place last year and she (as well as I) like "owning" the town! To walk/run the beach with my dog, for hours, is a bond with nature and "moments" so rare! How often do you go to P-town? Perhaps you, Carol and I will connect in the near future... I hope!(?) Have a GREAT time and may your travels/adventures continue to have "musical feasts" for the ears, heart and psyche!!!

To heaven on Cape Cod,
Terri

TR,

It was such a pleasure meeting you in DC. You truly brought the California sunshine with you! We wish there had been more time to spend with everyone at the dinner that night, and especially hope for the opportunity to re-connect with you in the not-too-distant future.

Thus far, we have not been on the Cape in the early Fall, but know it is a wonderful time to be there. We escape the sweltering summer heat of the Deep South beaches with visions of summering on the Cape and wintering here in the Holy City of the South when we finally retire. We actually manage to circumvent the other summer tourists most of the time by having homecooked meals at our rental condo and then taking an after-dinner stroll. Many times, especially in rainy weather, our evenings are spent putting together 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles. We truly do "vacate" our minds and bodies from our normal work-a-day world. What amazingly blissful and rejuvenating relaxation for all who have the pleasure of spending time on the Cape, no matter the season!

As Peter, Paul & Mary sang many years ago: "I'm leaving on a jet plane" bright and early in the morning as I fly into vacation mode. By this time tomorrow, I will raise a frosted silver Mint Julep cup to toast Mr. Sun as he starts to slip away over the horizon just off the beautiful waters of Cape Cod at P-Town.

If any of you are watching the sun set over the same horizon tomorrow, please let us know as we have internet access at our rented condo. We would surely enjoy making your acquaintance in person!

Oooh, Mint Julep and Carol, have a wonderful time! In spirit, I shall watch the sun rise and set... how tranquil, the "moments"!! (In four months, I'll get MY dose of P-town "medicine"... YAY!) Now, may you BOTH find fun, healthy walks, interesting literature, relaxation and romance throughout your stay and heaven in each other's eyes... happy and safe travels, you two!!

Looking forward to "connecting" LIVE, once again, SOON,
Terri