Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LGCW Concert

I agree with Dutey, the “Dangerous Mood” concert was totally awesome! As I have said before, Suede was born to be in front of a band. Each and every song was grand, however, the encore song “Built for Comfort” with the band jamming took you back to real New Orleans style jazz. Also, I am amazed that no one has mentioned the new awesome stage attire and the shedding of more than a few pounds… she looks GOOD! Going to have to take “Built for Comfort” out to the retirement community.

I have never understood why the Saturday night concertgoers do not come to Sunday’s LGCW concert. The room is very intimate and the chorus sings a couple beautiful songs (sometimes with Suede involved, sometimes without her), then Suede puts on a beautiful concert and with the room so small, all seats are platinum. This past Sunday the audience had the pleasure of Janice, Max, Suede, AND William Galison, the young harmonica player from “Dangerous Mood”. You talk about jamming… this was it! William goes absolutely bananas and he plays a guitar too, and can even go wild on that. No sheet music on his non-existent stand. There were times the trio were jamming for such a lengthy period, that there should have been a chair for Suede to sit on, but when they allowed her to sing, it was Suede all the way.

Prior to Suede’s concert, there are always goodies to eat, a silent auction, and another chance to talk to Suede and company up close and for a lengthier period of time, without the long lines of an after concert.

Half way in the middle of Suede’s concert is a live auction. Suede always donates something of herself for this auction, after all, the event is in titled “Shopping with Suede”. In the past it has been “Dinner with Suede” however, Sunday was her personal, signed guitar…which by the way went for $2800!!!, to a young lady who came all the way from California just to come to the gigs.

The price for these 2 hours of wonderful entertainment is usually only $25, and well worth every penny.

The affair is for an excellent cause… to help support the Lesbian and Gay Chorus of Washington, D.C.

Maybe next year more of you might consider coming and helping this wonderful group.

Re: LGCW Concert

Hi, Toni. Although I agree with many of the afternoon's HIGHLIGHTs (what incredible "spirit-energy"), you've also BLASTED a little too much "personal" information...T.M.I.

Where's the "detail" monitor?

Re: LGCW Concert

there was not TMI in this posting. people love the spirit of suede, why bring down someones energy filled spirt toward a great performer just because you felt there wasn't enough filter.

wooooooow.......way to make someone OR some people feel unaccepted to post their thoughts!