Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
May 31 Dangerous Mood Concert

Each time I see Suede perform I am reminded that such excellence and talent are rare in this old world, and those of us in DC last evening did see those two lifted high and sprinkled with humor and intelligence.

The Dangerous Band with Janice at the piano just sparkled with their enjoyment of the evening. That is the sum of true professionals --- to see the joy each shares as they perform for us. That increases the enjoyment of each participant.

The new CD is such a departure from what we have known, and the addition of all the talented musicians enriched Suede's voice and brought out her best. For that we are all thankful.

Bea and Jeri were there along with members of the LSCW who hosted the event in the wonderful Church of the Epiphany. Suede' mom, sister, brother and sister in law, and Janice's husband and her parents seemed to beam with pride as each selection flowed forth so beautifully. It was an evening shared with old and new friends many of whom made plans for the next concert, the next cruise, or the next visit. Exactly the way a musical evening should be spent.

Thanks to all----especially Suede and the many talented musicians she assembled for the launch of Dangerous Mood.

Dutey

Re: May 31 Dangerous Mood Concert

you know..... this was at least one of the most important and biggest nights of my entire life, if not my 25 year career. it was incredible. and what a perfect venue for such a significant celebration? the house held the power within that incredible hand picked big band of amazing players and incredible people who I am so honored to work with (forgive me, english teachers). I cannot adequately express my gratitude to those who showed up from far and wide to celebrate with me - truly. it will forever be one of my most treasured memories, no matter what else comes my way. of that, I am certain. we are working on creating other shows including the whole big band, budget be ****ed! I gotta do that again live, people! I just DO!

Soooo....

Suede + Big Band + Ford Amphitheater + SOLD OUT Arena = a magical night, in Los Angeles, under the stars!! Here's to LIFE.... making those dreams/visions into REALITIES!!!!

Go for it....
Terri

oooooooooo. excellent idea..... how incredibly fabulous would that be?? hm.... before or after we get the grammy? hm.

Hmmmm....

Either or BOTH!! Counting on THAT "Grammy SUEDE-sation", regardless!!!!

"Putting it together....",
Terri

"...bit by bit,
Beat by beat, part by part
Sheet by sheet, chart by chart
Track by track,...."

A SRO venue such as that would definitely warrant a transcontinental flight from my perspective!

(TR, you certainly set the bar high for the rest of us as evidenced by your presence in DC & all along the West Coast as well as your newly acquired guitar! You rock!!)

Noooooooooo... YOU ROCK, Mint Julep! Okaaay, WE BOTH ROCK, and thank you for the compliments!! Actually, tho, wouldn't it be great fun to charter a few buses (marked with SUEDE and the "DANGEROUS MOOD" logo), her CD blasting along "route 66", as we transport ALL of you EAST COAST/MID-WEST DEVOTEES out here (Los Angeles) for a concert "under the stars", at the Ford Amphitheater?!?! Now that would be one heck of a road trip, one hell of a performance and one incredible experience, ALL-AROUND, eh?!?!?!?! Truly, I'm pretty darn serious about making something like this happen!! What do you ALL think?

"Nothing's impossible",
Terri

Ya know, Mint Julep, I've been thinking...

I truly believe WE, as Suede supporters, set the bar for each other. Soooo, no matter how far and wide I (or others) may travel, it's ALL representative of "US"... die-hard DIVA-devotees!! Also, we KNOW how "high" Suede sets the "bar", not only with her accomplished talents, but with her "note-able" standards!!

Cheers to ALL of us "going the distance", via travels or with message board posts,

Terri