Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dangerous Mood....WOW! WOW! WOW!

Dangerous Mood is fantastic beyond words.

The Diva has created another blockbuster CD... to add to her previous three.

I will be there on May 31 in Washington, DC... to see and hear Suede and the (14 piece!) Dangerous Big Band... LIVE!... I AM SO EXCITED!!

And.....I already have my tickets for the the Diva's Rams Head Concert... Sunday August 17, 2008 in Annapolis, MD... Looking forward to hearing Max again... on either his traditional bass or that funny space alien looking electric one.

Love you Suede!....
Russell

Re: Dangerous Mood....WOW! WOW! WOW!

Finally!!! The snail came crawling in today and strapped to his back was a package of CDs from the North Country. I was beginning to fear that he had been smashed by a big black tire, or pecked up by a Great Blue Heron, or worse yet, denied access through customs at the Mason-Dixon Line. However, just as Suede said, he did arrive; a little out of breath, hungry and thirsty but with a sip of a Margarita and some key lime pie, he revived nicely.

Now, the words wow or wowie have been used quite a few times on the Board this month, however, they have only been used singularly, double and just recently in triple form. I think “Dangerous Mood” deserves so much more.

First, 4 wow/wowie’s goes to the insert. It displays the sense of “Dangerous Mood” in such a superbly graphic way. And of course another wow/wowie for the evident weight loss our Diva has accomplished... going to look totally awesome on the AM TV shows.

Next, there are 12 wow/wowie’s for the song selection that so harmoniously fit together to form this CD.

Then there are 7 wow/wowie’s for the songs with the big band sound. I think Suede said that the brass, her trio and she, quickly formed a family-like relationship. That is very noticeable in their blending of the music.

Then of course, there are 12 wow/wowie’s for the trio themselves, 7 for the songs they blended so nicely with the brass and 5 in the songs that they played without the brass. They always do such an awesome job of backing Suede.

Twelve wow/wowie’s goes to all the composers who over time wrote the marvelous selection of songs.

And, you can’t forget the engineers. 12 wow/wowie’s goes to taking care of my pet peeves: volume level in sync with the previous tracks and for the same measurement of space between tracks… plus, every other technical detail they performed.

Naturally, one could not forget Janice Friedman. Another 12 wow/wowie’s for all the songs that she arranged. I never knew such talent was there… a lot of really sultry tunes. Many of the songs are so totally different in tempo, tone and phrasing from before recording CD. The arrangement of Suede’s trumpet solo and the harmonica in “New Coat of Paint”, brings the song to an entirely new level. Plus, Janice gets another 12 for the awesome piano playing through out, her fingers just flow over the keyboard.

Last, but certainly not least, two infinite amounts of wow/wowie’s goes to the Diva, Herself! One, for handling an insurmountable job of producing the CD: picking the music, the musicians, the studio, the engineers, and all her trips back and forth to NYC to handle all the little and enormous details. A second infinite amount of wow/wowie’s goes for the fantastic vocals. Suede has definitely been put on this earth to sing in front of a big band and I am so glad she got the opportunity. Going to be a hard one to top.

Now wow/wowie may not be strong enough. Perhaps one of the following would be more appropriate: totally awesome, magnificent, tremendous, exceptional, extraordinary, outstanding, preeminent, remarkable, towering, superior, surpassing all others, distinguished, supreme, illustrious, ‘sweet’, prestigious, renowned, celebrated, brilliant, fantastic and just plain great OR perhaps using today’s vernacular it should be that “Dangerous Mood” kicks a--.

For those who only bought a single copy, make sure you get back online and at least buy one more… this is definitely a “one for the home and one for the car” item. You will want to listen to “Dangerous Mood” until you know every word, every scat, and every note; and then you will want to keep on listening.

no doubt... the chance to see the Big Band in concert with the Diva, Oh My GOD!!! Russell, we will have one heck of a night. Yellowrocks...

Toni,

Bravo! What a great post!! How did you know that those were the exact words that kept racing through my head as I listened to "dangerous mood' for the first time last night? I vascillated between a Roget's list of superlative adjectives to utter speechlessness. And the photographs were simply stunning!

I can barely contain my excitement until the official CD "christening" at the church next weekend and the opportunity to meet other Diva Devotees (I'll be the one wearing a "MINT JULEP" monogrammed burgundy polo). As the saying goes: See all of you there "with bells on!"

I'll have on my Red (cowboy) Hat with Purple Boa!!! See you next Saturday for dinner and the show!! Ett

Let us remember this show is on the stage with the band not the Diva Diners in the audience and their elaborate costumes!!!

Don't forget the Kazoos.

dutey

Dutey,

Please don't play your kazoo during the concert!

Russell

and so, in turn... gosh, Dutey. I'm coming donned with my red hat/purple boa anyway. You're right... the show IS all about the Diva and her Big Dangerous Band coming to town, rolling in next Saturday in grand style. Kazoos seem so rudimentary and primitive now... but maybe we can play with them in our little dinner beforehand.... I'm going to ask the proprietor if we can have the "private room" anyway, with 14 of us signed up for dinner, and will warn him that we might be quite a rowdy group.
Ett

I have been following Suede since 1987 when Ett took me my first Suede concert.

However, I don't remember anything about kazoos.

Ett or Dutey... please explain the kazoo thing.

Russell

well, Russell, the kazoos were from a time past. I'm sure The Diva is quaking just thinking about those special times in Baltimore, c.1979-1986-ish. We in downtown Baltimore used to go to the Suede coffeehouses, and shows (Shot Tower, Last Chance Saloon in Columbia MD, Women's Coffee House nights, etc). As I remember, especially for the song Juan Valdez (something about a Columbian coffee maker), we would "play along" with our kazoos in time with Suede playing her guitar, harmonica, trumpet and whatever else. She was a regular one-armed musician back then... doing it all. A far cry from the greatness she's become today with this Dangerous Mood Big Band CD now completed. The kazoos would ONLY be for reminiscing... I'm sure NO ONE would think of playing one at the concert itself, as they represent a time gone by, but full of good memories of Suede's early years in Charm City.

god lova ya all..... as I have said before, I am very present to the fact that I would not have this life, this dream come true, if not for all of you who keep showing up for me - esp when it really matters. I am SO glad you like the new CD. I put my heart, soul, blood, sweat, tears and obscene amounts of credit card charges into bringing it to life - only because I so wanted to. the fact that you all love it makes it all SO worth it for me. just wait until I really get it out to the world at large! grammys - here we come!