Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suede's Film Debut

While you are patiently waiting for your advance copies of "Dangerous Mood,"
you can see for yourselves the wonderful work Suede has done on the
Jane Chambers documentary film, which is still in production. There is a link
at the bottom of the news page on this site -- "8 Faces of Jane: The Life
and Works of Jane Chambers." If you go to this link and click first on "About
the Film" and second on "Music," you will be able to hear the final mix of
the beautiful song she performs in the film and also to view a short film all
about the production of the song and including intervew footage with Suede
and composer, Bronwen Jones. Enjoy!

Re: Suede's Film Debut

BUMMER! Jere, I followed your instructions and they worked right up to "press space bar or hit enter". Then NOTHING. Here was a chance to hear the best and it did't work. I don't know what I did wrong but I will keep trying. Thank you for posting this information......now if I can only get it too work!

My Dear Sallie,

I couldn't get it to work as a link from the site listed in the news section here either.

Try going to http://homunculusmusic.com and then click on the Homunculus Music on the right hand side.

Then scroll down to The Eight Faces of Jane and click on the short movie of the recording session (which includes a brief interview with Suede and the composer). Activate it by using your Space Bar. It is a beautiful piece of musical poetry that only Suede could sing.

To hear just the music, click on the bottom picture of Suede and the composer.

Hope this helps.

See you in DC!

here's the actual link from the film's site and I could not get it to work either. maybe others can, tho - more directly than mint's helpful direction or having to wind your way through my site again?

http://www.8facesofjane.com/faces-music.php

it was great working with bronwen and jere on this project, let alone the wonderful musicians in the studio in LA. I look forward to seeing the finished project. boy, have we all been BUSY out there!

Thank you Mint Julep. I did get it to work after much loading time. I am completly speechless. The undertaking of this film seems to me to be a delicate balance of
a most beautiful relationship between two women during a time of great sorrow for many of us. The distance from that time to now is so large. I am glad the young women of today can hold their head high and be who they want to be. Suede, your voice on this song has moved me to tears.

Oh dear. Sorry you are having difficulty, folks. Do follow Suede's suggestion and go directly to http://8facesofjane.com/faces-music.php to access the song and film clip. Oddly, I had no problem starting with Suede's link mentioned in my initial post, but I am using an (ahem) exalted Mac, and some of you are probably fumbling along with lowly PCs.

Jeri:

Go Gal---Mac is superior!!! Am using my new MacBookAir and it is just amazing. Shame that the world has been tricked into using inferior PC devices.

Dutey

Hey, couldn't agree with you more, Jere and Dutey.... Mac-ing it right!! I actually began my morning with my first dose of that song and couldn't get enough, as I readied myself for work. So, I made a "personal" copy to take with me for the car. MOVED to tears and smiles, as I recognize and appreciate the MANY levels of true talent and collaboration that went into the making of the song. I greatly anticipate the release of the documentary, The Eight Faces of Jane. PLEASE continue to keep us updated.

Musically-transfixed,
Terri