Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
let's meet for dinner! May 31, 5:30pm

Let's meet for dinner before the show! How about 5:30pm? This place is right around the corner from the Church of the Epiphany...

Chef Geoff's
This casual, creative American spot is the epitome of a neighborhood restaurant.

Chef Geoff's - Downtown
1301 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20004
Phone: 202.464.4461

Cuisines:
Fusion/Eclectic, Pizza, American, Modern

Wheelchair Accessible:
Yes

Nearby Metro Stops:
Metro Center
Federal Triangle

Price Range:
Moderate

Best Dishes
Crab-stuffed shrimp; calamari with aioli; tuna sashimi; chipotle chicken empanadas; cumin-crusted salmon; hamburger.

Price Details:
Lunch appetizers, $6.95 to $10.95; entrees, $9.95 to $17.95.
Dinner appetizers, $6.95 to $10.95; entrees, $13.95 to $23.95.
Three-course Sunset Special (served daily between 4 and 6:30 PM), $19.95.
Sunday brunch entrees, $9.95 to $14.95.

Re: let's meet for dinner! May 31, 5:30pm

Thanks for the information about Chef Geoff's restaurant. Is this place large enough to accomodate all of the Diva Devotees/Post-Her Children converging on DC for the concert to deliver Dangerous Mood on May 31st?

My partner and I are flying to DC late Thursday evening to allow plenty of time to meet & greet other Diva Devotees before Saturday.

I don't know offhand, but could probably find out. Maybe we could just book the whole restaurant for the dinner hour! I wonder if that would be possible. I don't know... but... it's tempting! Looking forward to meeting you. I am a native of this area and followed the DIVA from her early years in Baltimore City. Ett

May 31 Dangerous Mood DINNER IS SET ! Please RSVP per message below

Saturday May 31, 2008 Dangerous Mood DINNER !
4:30pm (to allow us all time to schmooze)
we are currently holding a reservation for 20 people, that number can be adjusted closer in to time. We have a table; the events coordinator is on notice that we might get enough to book the "private room" for dinner for our Diva Group.

so, the deal is: RSVP for dinner. See below. Headcount is important, as the restaurant will try its best to accommodate us.

RSVP to: Ett at justetthon@comcast.net with your name to get on the Dangerous Mood Dinner List !

Restaurant details:
Chef Geoff's
This casual, creative American spot is the epitome of a neighborhood restaurant.
1301 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20004
Phone: 202.464.4461

Cuisines:
Fusion/Eclectic, Pizza, American, Modern
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes

Nearby Metro Stops: Metro Center, Federal Triangle

Price Range: Moderate

Best Dishes
Crab-stuffed shrimp; calamari with aioli; tuna sashimi; chipotle chicken empanadas; cumin-crusted salmon; hamburger.

Price Details:
Dinner appetizers, $6.95 to $10.95; entrees, $13.95 to $23.95.
Three-course Sunset Special (served daily between 4 and 6:30 PM), $19.95.

Hello there, Ett!

Count me in.... I'll be there at 4:30pm! I look forward to our "Diva Devotee Dinner" get-together, in celebration of the DANGEROUS MOOD release!! (Thanks for taking the time to arrange this gathering, Ett.... most appreciated, by far!)

See ya SOON,
Terri

let's meet for dinner! May 31, 4:30pm: 8 spots left

May 31, Saturday 4:30pm
reservation is for 20, there are 8 spots left. Sign up today! RSVP per the message above and I'll put you on the list!! Ett

7 spots left!

we may be able to expand our reservation, but for now, we have a table reservation for 20.

7 spots left!

Book with me now to hold your spot! May 31, 2008

THANKS TO ETT FOR ARRANGING THIS GATHERING.

Have booked my spaces and will delight in seeing so many Diva Devotees at the beginnig of a memorable evening.

Dutey

Here's hoping you have room for two more! Sallie and Pat would love to join this fanastic group with the best of taste in jazz music females! What a wonderful idea, thank you ETT.

SPOTS GOING FAST>>> Dinner is 4:30pm, don't miss it!

RSVP to me directly, and I will hold spots for you at the Diva Dinner table! See postings above for details on the restaurant location, etc.
RSVP to justetthon@comcast.net with the number of spaces you wish to hold. Reservation is for 20, we are booking them fast!! I will call the restaurant on or about May 28th with a final headcount. Ett

to Sallie: gotcha covered, hon!

You're in! Diva Dinner reservations being held for you, can't wait to meet all of you. Ett

Recapping Diva Dinner attendees so far... check me out

recapping so far: ett, linda, russell, steven, tom, dutey and partner, sallie and pat, TR, mint julip and partner. Did I miss anyone? Let me know if I did and I'll get you on the Diva Dinner list! We have 20 spots being held, 12 taken so far....

6 SPOTS LEFT FOR DINNER, and kazoos

was anyone else in on Suede's early years with the kazoos? wanna bring some to the dinner on May 31 and really have some fun?!?!? :-)

we have six spots left for the dinner reservation... RSVP to me directly so I can update my list.

Ett

how to get to the Church of the Epiphany in DC, right around the corner from dinner...

If you want to join us for dinner, please RSVP directly to me and I will put you on the Diva Dinner list! See other thread here about the restaurant itself, Chef Geoff. Dinner: 4:30pm May 31, 2008.

Where the concert will be: Church of the Epiphany
By car: The Church of the Epiphany is located on G Street, mid-block between 13th and 14th Streets, in Northwest Washington.

By Metro: Epiphany is also half a block from the Metro Center station of the subway line, on the Red, Orange, and Blue lines. Take the 13th Street exit, which is at the intersection of 13th and G. You will be able to see the church from this intersection. For more information about subway service, visit www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm. Several bus lines also serve the immediate vicinity. The 42, S2, S4, 68, X2, D1, D3, and D6 (plus W13, P17, P19 weekdays only) lines all stop within a block of the church, and many more bus lines stop within two or three blocks. For up-to-date schedules and routes, use the Metro trip planner at www.wmata.com/tripplanner.