Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Counting down the days until Dangerous Mood is here!!!

WOW WOW WOW WOW
After months of hard work, creativity, details to be managed and the ever so many tasks which have been handled by Suede and her wonderful team, we are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Dangerous Mood.

Showing our support for our favorite performer is now our next step. Ordering CDs not only for ourselves but as gifts for others will be a significant help in defraying the initial costs of this huge undertaking. Guess what most of my friends are getting for their next birthday gift??? And won't they be lucky??

Hop aboard folks and be part of this exciting venture. Looking forward to the launch in DC in May.

Thanks Suede and team.

Dutey

Re: Counting down the days until Dangerous Mood is here!!!

I ordered CD's first thing this morning. Now, I am trying to make plans to travel to DC for the initial launch of "Dangerous Mood" and, coincidentally, another birthday celebration with the Diva. And, of course, there is a donation in the making as well. Monday morning never felt so good!!

please announce tickets for the kickoff concert!! we WILL be there. I ordered Dangerous Mood today... three copies. Can't wait.

Hi there, Dutey, Mint Julep and Ett! I, as well, ordered a few (okay, several) DANGEROUS MOOD CD'S.... WOW WEEEE!!!! Also, my mother and I are planning to arrange a family visit to Virginia in May and have a "family gathering" at Suede's DANGEROUS MOOD CD launch in DC. It's looking like a "double-dose" of divine delights!!!! I'm hoping we can ALL arrange to meet and support one of Suede's BIG "moments" together.(?)

We're hopp'n on board....isn't this fun?!?!

GRAZI, Suede, Janice, Team Suede and fellow devotees,
Terri & CO

Looks like many of the "poster kids" will be in DC at the end of May for this special launch of the CD. Will scout out a location for a lunch/dinner gathering on Sat before the concert if that might be of interest to folks. Have to go to DC to see what I can find. Would guess some of you will be flying in and might not have a car, so I will see what might be available near the concert venue. Or perhaps someone knows of a comfortable location where we might gather and tell tales!!!

Dutey

Well, I'm back on board! My partner had a medical scare for awhile, but all is well. What a relief. Then we'd a sudden death in the family, so things have been rough to say the least.
I've ordered my C.D.'s and made my donation. After reading from Suede all that has to be done to make a C.D., it's mind boggling. What energy she has. It's almost May and none of us can wait. I sure wish I could be in Washington, D.C. but since I can't, I'll wait and cross my fingers for the Tin Angel. (I'm sure Suede is getting tired of me hoping for her to appear there.) For all of you that will be there and having a great dinner before hand, please listen to a song for all of us that can't be in the audience. We are always there in spirit! By the way a pre-Happy Birthday Mint Julep.
Happy Trails to all,
Lynne I love these similies!!!

Lynne,

Welcome back to the Community Forum. May the rest of 2008 be kinder to you and those you love.

Did you hear that thud? That was my chin hitting the ground in disappointment that you and yours will not be able to join us in DC for the birth of "Dangerous Mood" in May. I had so hoped that our paths would finally cross. Hopefully, there will be a show at the Tin Angel in Suede's 2008 schedule for you.

Thank you for the advance birthday wishes. Celebrating my birthday again this year with the Diva will officially qualify it as a TRADITION, one which I will always look forward to despite the ever-increasing numerical value assigned to my age that it will represent.

In the meantime, I will remain hopeful that we will have the opportunity to meet in the not-too-distant future.

Lynn:

So sorry that you have had the sadness in your life recently, and hope the ciming of spring will bring lots of sunshine and extra happiness for you and your partner.

The DC concert will be so special and your missing it will be our loss of your presence. Perhaps the August show in Del will be one you can attend.

Tried to send you an e-mail, but your address on the site must be wrong as the returns from there keep happening.

Terri: Will look forward to seeing you again in DC. As plans develop for some sort of gathering over the weekend, we will keep you in the loop. Send me an e-mail.

Sallie: Where are you??? Hope you are warm and well.

Dutey

Hi Dutey,
Thanks so much for the warm wishes. we have lots to celebrate. I have to check on Aug. in Delaware as we might be up at our time share in P'town then. I saw Suede last year in Delaware in the April. It was fab...as always.
For some reason there are times that my e-mail won't go through for someone. Try again and let's hope it corrects itself!
Cheers to all,
Lynne

Mint Julep,
So nice of you to send kind words to us. As I said to Dutey, we have much to celebrate. Missing the Washington event is a bumper but that is life!!!!! When will you be up to the Cape? We'll be there the last two weeks in July and I believe the third week of Aug. We are still hoping to get up there for a few days in June, but that depends on when my granddaughter's birthday party will be. Hoping our paths will cross. How much longer until your grandchild arrives in this world for you to cherish and hold? Words will never be able to express that first hold of him/her.
Enjoy the Washington event and let us all know about it.
Lynne

Hello there, Dutey, Mint Julep and Ett!!!

I look forward to my travels to DC in May, for the DANGEROUS MOOD CD launch and meeting with ALL of you for dinner.... what a thrill!!! I'm hoping we'll be able to sit together -RESERVED SEATING for the "UN-reserved"- at SUEDE"S performance, as well!(?)

Lynne, my sincere sympathy around some difficult and sad times in your life. Sorry to hear you and your partner won't be able to make it to DC, yet your spirits will, indeed, be with US.... humming along!

Sallie, how the heck are ya? I hope you're feeling well and strong!

"Tic-toc"....
Terri

P.S.
Suede, I hope you enjoyed some well deserved R&R on your most recent OLIVIA cruise!

I'll work on the dinner thing...

I will try to check out the dinner thing by the end of this week and post back to y'all.

do we know yet about tickets for the concert May 31?

so, is your email address really "erols.com"? I had erols a few years ago, but I thought they went out of business. Maybe just here in Maryland, regionally... ?

ETT

erols.com morphed into rcn.com but us oldsters were able to keep our old address. It is still alive in various parts of the country.

Looking forward to the end of May!!! Meeting all these folks and renewing friendships with others will add to the joy of the CD debut.

Spring is really knocking on the door here in the DC metro area. And of course, the events surrounting the Pope's visit have the city somewhat frantic.

We will miss Lynn and look forward to another time.

Thanks TR for your thoughts. I feel like wearing "Life is Good" tee shirts these days with our good news with my partner. Yes, please hum for us at THE event.
I too hope Sallie is doing fine. We meet at The Fairbanks Inn for the December 30th event. We had some great talks and some good laughs. She is a gem! By the way The Fairbanks Inn is a great place to stay. We've been going there for about 5 to 6 years and love it. The Innkeepers are great, friendly , and helpful. The Inn is beautiful and so close to everything in town.
PLEASE let the ones who can't get to D.C.'s event know about the great time you all had.
Until our paths cross...
Happy Trails,
Lynne

One week from tomorrow is May 1 and we are closer to the launch of the Dangerous Mood. How exciting and amazing. Aren't you impressed to know some of the background about how this process of development of the CD has unfolded?

Dear Suede and friends: We are anxious as I am sure you are. Hurry to DC for folks to join the celebration!!!

Dutey

Hey, Lynne.... YEP, we'll be humming along with thoughts of you and your partner, during the launch of Suede's DANGEROUS MOOD CD in Washington, DC, May 31st, 2008!!

Also, I will keep The Fairbanks Inn in mind, upon future travels to P-town (I'll be there in late Oct.) and mention the recommendation to others.

I agree, "Life is Good".... and may our paths cross soon, as we walk the "happy trails" through life's AMAZING journey.

Happy and healthy days,
Terri