Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dangerous Mood Update!

warmest greetings my most devoted devotees!

I am beginning to emerge from the rabbit hole! and what a fantastic ride it's been!

I'm not quite done but very close to it now and I wanted to give you a quick update on the progress of 'dangerous mood.'

the final mixes were sent off to the mastering engineer (a different process, studio and engineer than recording/mixing/editing) so the baby is off on her own in the world for the first time without me at her side! she is in very good hands, I promise you. from an audio standpoint this step puts the final polish on the recording and is the last step before the master is sent off for manufacturing. I expect a proof copy by the end of this week before I sail away with olivia cruises (poor me)!

the artwork was finished last night and sent off to the printer for approval of files, etc. I hope to hear confirmation that all is ready to go in that regard by the end of this week as well and then, start the presses!

all licenses and required documents have been filed, received and royalties paid to writers so all the legal pieces are in place to move forward.

next step is updating this very website and providing you with the chance to buy your hundreds of copies for yourself, friends and family and total strangers. spread the word, my peeps! the grammys are coming and february 2009 will be upon us before you know it!

I thank you for your understanding as I have been in the production vortex and not updating the site as often as usual. I hope you'll find that by devoting my undivided attention and love to this new baby, about to go off to finishing school, was worth my temporary absence.

I can't wait for her coming out parties!
stay tuned for those all around the country.

love to all,
suede

Re: Dangerous Mood Update!

Suede,

My wife and I just found you on our PBS station in northern CA and cannot wait for your return to San Francisco in June to see you live, especially to celebrate the new CD.

Having just discovered you and wandering around your site here it's clear you're very dedicated and persistent in following your dreams. Dangerous Mood sounds like quite a feat and we look forward to hearing that when we buy several copies from you in June at the Rrazz Room.

Best of luck as you complete your latest and greatest. I'm off to make some calls to friends and then buy tickets, if there are any left. You're incredible and in the league with the all time greats. We're glad we finally found you.

Don and Emily Atello

Don & Emily,

Let me be the first of the many Diva Devotees who share their thoughts here on the Community Forum to say, "Welcome to the fold, Newbies!"

If you enjoyed Suede's DVD from Scullers, you haven't heard or seen anything, yet! You are both in for the most extraordinary musical evening of your lives when you are in the audience as Suede steps on stage. I look forward to reading your account of that evening here on the Community Forum. However, you may suddenly find Webster's and the English Oxford Dictionary woefully inadequate to properly convey your experience!

Welcome!

welcome don & emily!!!

thanks so much for the wonderful post and such kind words. it really means so much to me when people like you take the time to write in. I realize that takes some extra effort on your part and I truly appreciate it.

I look forward to meeting you in person in san fran this june! the new room at hotel nikko looks fabulous and I can't wait to get there. PLEASE be sure to introduce yourselves!

suede

JUST ENJOYED SUEDE ON ANOTHER CRUISE THRU HOLLAND AMERICA AND ITS WESTER**** SHIP. "EMILY REMEMBERS". BOTH TIMES I STRUGGLED THRU IT WHICH TOOK ME TO MY MOTHER.

I MET TWO ELDERLY LADIES TRAVELING ON THE SHIP, NEXT STATEROOM FROM ME. ONE TOLD ME THE SONG WAS WRITTEN ABOUT HER FRIEND. SHE WENT INTO GREAT DETAIL. THERE NAMES WERE MARILYN AND THE OTHER WAS GLORIA I'M PRETTY SURE. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE ODD'S ARE OF THIS? THEY TELL ME THEY WILL CONTACT ME BY EMAIL. HOPE THEY DO. ALL I CAN SAY IS THE SONG WAS SUNG WITH GREAT PASSION AND I THINK SUEDE IS MORE TALENTED THAN SHE EVEN KNOWS.

CON

can't wait. just can't wait. Tickets for the DC event? anxiously awaiting news...