Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Putting It Together"

I have been in awe of the artistic process involved in getting Suede’s new CD produced, recorded, and marketed. Having observed only through cyberspace from its inception to its much anticipated “birth,” all the conviction, energy, talent, and creative forces that have come together to make it all possible have reminded me of some of the lyrics of “Putting It Together”:

“It HAS to come to LIFE!"

"Bit by bit, putting it together
Piece by piece, only way to make a work of art
Every moment makes a contribution
Every little detail plays a parts
Having just a vision's no solution
Everything depends on execution
Putting it together, that's what counts!
Ounce by ounce, putting in together
Small amounts, adding up to make a work of art
First of all you need a good foundation
Otherwise it's risky from the start
Takes a little cocktail conversation
But without the proper preparation
Having just a vision's no solution
Everything depends on execution
The art of making art
Is putting it together, bit by bit.”

"....Mapping out the songs but in addition
Harmonizing each negotiation
Balancing the part that's all musicians
With the part that's strictly presentation
Balancing the money with the mission
Till you have the perfect orchestration
Even if you do have the suspicion
That it's taking all your concentration
The art of making art
Is putting it together,….
Bit by bit…..
Beat by beat,…..
Part by part
Sheet by sheet,…..
Chart by chart….
Track by track,
Bit by bit,
Reel by reel,…..
Stack by stack,….
Meal by meal…..
Deal by deal….
Shpiel by shpiel…..
And that...
Is the state of the art!”

And that, my fellow Diva Devotees, is an eloquent description of how our one and only Suede, the amazing Janice, & all of the incredible Team Suede came together to make "Dangerous Mood" come to life.

We all expectantly await the new arrival!

Re: "Putting It Together"

my dear mint.

you nailed it!
funny, that very song has been running through my mind many times in the last 6 months. that and one my favorite nemo quotes which has become my mantra, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, etc..." in fact, nemo rides on my dashboard as a reminder to keep my eye on the prize! he lived on my music stand in the studio for the same reason.

may I say, it has been an absolutely extraordinary experience and complete privilege to have the opportunity to play such a grand game with some of the best musicians and professionals in new york city, indeed, the world! I have scrimped on no details and from the start was committed to hand picking only the best in musicians, studios, engineers, photographers, graphic designers - all of it. I am going for it full tilt on this one like never before and the end result shows it, quite frankly. this is a huge team of collaborators, all of whom have given me their tireless best, fully engaged in my project. I am honored to be in the presence of that support and acknowledgment from the people I am fiercely proud to call peers. I am enormously proud of all aspects of this project. there is no complaint from me regarding ANY of it!

this project is the culmination of a lifetime's worth of adventure, the realization of lifelong dreams, great challenges that have given me the chance to fully use all of my gifts, be fully engaged, fully expressed. everything that's come before has been leading to this magnificent expression and I am very clear that without all of you out there supporting me, coming to the shows, telling all your friends about what I'm doing, letting me know I am supported, and waiting so patiently, nicely and quietly as your Diva has been unavailable while joyously toiling away on this masterpiece for the last eight months and more... well, you give me this privileged life.

yes, there is so much to know and learn way beyond being able to sing, play my instruments and entertain (which we all KNOW I'm somewhat gifted at...). that's all part of the adventure for me! I am proud to call myself executive producer, producer, head of HR, marketing, licensing agent, CEO, and all the rest that comes with owning and running my own company, AND being the artiste. there are many, many hats to wear and the thrill of learning them all over the last 25 years has been great fun for me, especially because it has given me you, this great circle of people AND the chance to do the thing I love most in my life one more time.

thank you....
thank you...
thank you...

Don again,

I just wanted to thank Suede for the informative response. I had no idea what it takes to put a CD with 45 to 60 minutes of music out to the world. Incredible. It makes me understand that $15 to buy a copy is nothing, in the bigger picture and hours demanded.

Congratulations to you and all due respect.
Don

and thank you for the acknowledgment, don. really.

it's a real privilege and a grand game that I enjoy but you're right - it's about a lot more than just singing and playing. good thing I have fun with the game! the rewards of connecting with people like you and my other devotees make it ALL worth it!