Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
paying it forward

I was just reading the "news' section of the website and read a sentence from Suede about any of us perhaps being interested in contributing to the new CD. Suede has given so much to all of us in so many ways. The enjoyment we get from her CD's, DVD, and performances is priceless. So.... I began to think is there a way for any of us who wanted to help with a fund for the new CD? In reading all of the updates, it sounds like Suede has pulled out of the the stops and has created a CD that will be over the top. The cost of this adventure must be over the top as well. So if each of us could contribute to this amazing overtaking that Suede has gone out on a limb for, we would be a part of the "happening" and maybe sing a little louder when we listen to all of the new songs! I don't know how to go about this and wonder if there is someone out there that knows of a way. Let's all put our minds together and "pay it forward' for our Diva and her leap of faith.
Lynne

Re: paying it forward

From what I read & understand from Suede's last "News" entry on 1/18/08, there will be a process to allow us to contribute to the financing of her new CD by purchasing advance copies of the CD and sending additional $$$ with our advance orders. I wouldn't begin to know how to donate funds directly that would not have a potential tax consequence for the recepient since it is not an actual charity like Dave's Fund.

As I recall from liner notes on one of Suede's previous CD's, Diva Devotees bought advance copies to help finance its production & release. So, I am sure that Team Suede will soon announce how to do the same thing for "Dangerous Mood." As a die-hard Diva Devotee, I am ready to support any plan that would assist Suede in getting her new CD out on the market ASAP and, hopefully, one that will be a contender for a Grammy!

Paying it forward for the Diva is a wonderful way to support Suede in her newest endeavor. As the poker players in Texas Hold'em say, "I'm all in!"

Thanks Mint Julep for the info. I didn't realize it would involve taxes, etc. So I'll wait for Team Suede too for information on what to do and how to support this "Grammy winning " CD.
Lynne

Lynn:

Just tried to send you an e-mail with suggestions for Paying It Forward, but it came back.

My e-mail is sandydpjk@erols.com so let me hear from you .

Thanks,

Dutey

hello poster children - esp the inner and most eager and vocal four, shall we say!

thank you so, so much for your desire to support this incredible project and make sure it gets out to the world the way I envision it. I can't tell you how much that means to me and how grateful I am for that from you.

your longlost diva emerges from the studio vortex long enough to check in b/c a little bird told me there was some buzz regarding various fundraising ideas and concerns and I wanted to request, and caution, that things don't get too far off on other tangents, despite all best intentions...

but first of all, apologies for the long delay in further news from me updating the progress of the recording. I imagine I could not adequately describe just HOW much work is entailed in a project this huge and fantastic, especially doing it with one's own small company rather than with a huge record label with big staff and big budget. it is a LOT of work to put out a CD with trio only. to do so with full band multiplies that process by at least 10 times in all regards - time, listening, energy, hours in the studio (approx. 10 - 12 hrs per song), negotiations with musicians, rehearsals, finding affordable rehearsal space for a big band, millions of details in huge scores for the music and parts for each musician (despite software program glitches), licensing negotiations for each song, photo shoots, cover design,budget, and etc... please do not hear this as complaint. it is not that! I am completely thrilled and privileged to be making this gravity defying project and loving every step of it. I am simply stating fact and attempting explanation for my long absence.

as for a long overdue progress report -- it sounds AMAZING!!!! no. REALLY. I could not be more happy about it. I kid you not when I say this one absolutely has grammy potential - on many tunes, and as an overall project. it just does. it is like nothing I have done before. janice friedman has written some truly perfect arrangements that completely capture my style and my voice - perfectly! you can't imagine... the few who have heard it agree completely and believe me, I am choosing tough customers for the first hearings. I'm not interested in only agreement. if something needs to be changed I want to know now, while I can still change it.

all that said, I completely appreciate your excitement and desire to help out and support the effort financially and I will, indeed, need as much of your help as can be mustered so that I am not paying this off for the next 30 years, frankly. my request is that you let us put all of that together in the way that seems best to our vision and most easily managed with so many other millions of details on the platter. this is all being headed up by our pal jere jacob who, aside from being one of the most organized people I know, is also an accountant and knows all about any tax conversation that needs to be addressed. in fact, I have asked her to post here regarding that just so it is clear and in public view for all to see.

as of this writing, and barring any unforseen problems, we are on schedule for a mid to late May release and planning shows now to reflect that! please stay patient and keep that energy buzzing just a little bit longer until the unveiling of opportunities to buy copies and contribute further to get this out to the world! I can't do it without you and I know that!

it will be so worth the wait... you can't possibly have any idea....

my best,
suede

I just wanted to clarify something Mint Julep brought up regarding tax
consequences of people donating money to the production costs of the
new CD. There are NO tax consequences to Suede or to Easily Suede Music.
Any donations made by individuals are tax free gifts and are not declarable
income for her, so don't concern yourselves on that score.

Very soon there will be more information about how to make contributions
to this project in an e-mail newsletter. As you can all imagine, the scope
of this CD represents an very substantial capital investment and is much
more expensive to produce than any of Suede's previous efforts. I urge
you to climb on board and to contribute what you can comfortably. You will
be proud to feel that you are a part of this career changing project. Trust me.

Thanks for the update on the CD and contributions for it. As for myself, I can't begin to imagine all of the logistical considerations and vagaries involved in recording, producing, and marketing a CD.

As just one of many, my Devotee persona is out here ready to "answer the call" when the trumpet of triumph is sounded to announce that "Dangerous Mood" is ready for release with a little help from Diva Devotees.

In the words of John Milton: "They also serve who only stand and wait."

In deed, we await.

WOW!!! The update is a vitamin for the soul, and gives all of us much to look forward to for the month of May.

We are anticipating this as much as we anticipated Santa in our youth---and some of us still do!!!

Dutey

This is ALL soooooooo AMAZING!! My view is simply this.... we're just "paying it forward" with a "little" gift, such as a "25 YEARS in-the-music-biz" BIRTH-ing day(s) monetary gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NOTHING wrong with receiving PRESENTS, eh?!!?) It's a CELEBRATION we're honored to support, if I may speak for many of US!!

Thank you for the, above mentioned, clarifications and shared enthusiasm!

Feeling the "scales" of long-term success,
Terri, Mary, family and friends

What an unbelievable and mind boggling process there is to creating a CD. Yes it does make us all just that much more excited to have our own copy. Suede's energy level defies gravity!!!!!! I CAN"T WAIT!
If I have caused any problems with the "paying it forward" message, I am really sorry. I didn't mean to "jump the gun" or mess with the process of this undertaking. I just wanted to help as I feel Suede has done so much for all of us. I shall await the e-mail of how we can support this endeavor and will gladly be a part of it..
Lynne

no, no, no.... no one did anything wrong! I am completely grateful for your support and excitement! I was only trying to make the point that there is SO much to organize and manage that it really will be best to not make the mistake of falling into the too many cooks in the kitchen dilemma! I hear tell there there are well intentioned ideas stirring in the background and I'm only asking for all of us working so hard on this project to please just wait to hear from us. we've got big doin's in mind, believe me!

I am waiting but it sure is hard!