Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dangerous News!

Catch the latest.

Check out:
http://www.dangerousmood.blogspot.com/

From your friends at Team Suede.

Re: Dangerous News!

That is really, really, COOL! I've always wondered what the studio and all involved behind the scenes during creation process was like... now I can actually picture it!
Thanks so much for the blog... what an incredible studio too. Very serious business taking place in NJ... WOW~
Suede & Team, you ROCK!

hello my beloved devotees.
I am just out of this round of studio time and 'dangerous mood' is sounding phenomenal, if I do say so myself. janice wrote some absolutely incredible arrangements for 9 pc horn sections, there are strings on tunes, blues organ, blues harp, as well as yours truly on guitar and trumpet, of course....this is one amazing CD, my people. you can't even imagine. I am thrilled beyond words and I think you're going to love it. I am going for it full out this time....I'm exhausted, in a really good way, from being in the studio for 10-12 hour days for the last solid week creating this dream come true. and I feel GREAT! I'm doing my best to get this out to you ASAP. please do understand that there are millions of details to organize and put together so it just takes a lot of time, but I am focused on it, have an absolutely incredible team of people with me from all the musicians I hired, to the proof reader/copyist/assistant for janice to finalize the unbelievable work she did on HUGE scores that then had to be split off to 9 - 14 horn parts in the right keys, etc....I can only imagine, really. and our engineer at the magnificent bennett studios was a PERFECT fit! dave kowalski is a brilliant engineer, a great musician, a truly wonderful man, has a deliciously twisted sense of humor (and we all know how your diva values that) is incredibly even keeled for long, long hours of intense focus. owner dae bennett is a total class act, as are all of his employees. my core trio of janice, bill moring on bass and tim horner on drums are such amazing musicians and such dear, dear, friends. and our own bea smith held us all (16 people and one miracle dog, angel, all tol'd) together with whatever we needed in the moment, as she always does so well...well, I could go on and on here. and there will be more to come. right now I am (believe it or not) pretty used up and not feeling very articulate so I will leave it at this. I think I am experiencing a divine afterglow and I'm off to have a cigarette (joke). I really can't wait to share this with you all....look for the finished product in May and stay tuned here and at the studio spy's blog for updates!

in closing, I had you all in the studio with me while we put this together...indeed, you 'gave' me this performance, especially vocally. I hope you love it as much as I have loved creating it for you.

with deep gratitude and devotion,
suede

in case any of you are thinking you can just click on that link to the dangerous mood blog please know that you'll have to cut and paste to get to the page. there you will see photos from the studio. it was an absolutely amazing day and I'm so thrilled my dear pal JH was there with cameras in hand to capture it.

Hmmmm....

And I thought I was the only "mouse" stirring about this late hour. (It's my birthday and I'm "wired" on HAPPY YEARS!!)

Okay, I admit, I am unable to get to the DANGEROUS MOOD blog page. Are there any others out there having the same problem? The cutting and pasting isn't working so I'm literally STUCK! HELLLLP!!

Simply hang'n,
Terri

Happy Birthday TR! Not sure why that cut & paste is not working for you. Are you certain you copied the complete link? Although it's tedious, maybe try typing out the complete http://www.dangerousmood.blogspot.com/

You've just GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT~ And there isn't a better day than your own very special day! For those of us who couldn't be a fly on the wall, it's really the next best thing! That studio, our favorite Diva in action with all the musicians, instruments, technology involved... truly incredible to get a glimpse, quite mind boggling actually, "in a happy sort of way".

Many Happy & Healthy Wishes to you TR~
ML

Well, don't know about others, but I am VERY excited and delighted to have the new CD in the works. We have all waited for this, and will likely start a countdown until we can purchase our own copy. Then of course we will each begin a campaign to bring Diva to our own city for a concert so that we can get the absolute joy of a live show. My other Diva CDs are in each car, and on the iPod, but nothing replaces that live concert experience where the depth of Diva's talents and personality shine through.

Guess if May is the expected date, we will all have a very special spring awakening!!!!
Dutey

Hi there, ML!

THANK YOU for the birthday sentiments and help with the DANGEROUS MOOD blog. What a "site"!! Here's toasting Suede's creativity and CD in the making!!

Happy days,
Terri

I just wanted to say that we'll soon be adding photos, teaser soundbytes and more chat about the recording studio experience itself on the blog that studio spy created for us. first, your diva must sail off to the high seas and entertain her floating peeps! duty calls!