Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
east coast

Suede, when will we be seeing you in the Richmond,Va area?? You do have fans here! How come there is no tee shirts with your Diva self??? Would love to have one. Hope to see you soon.

Re: east coast

god love you, my fans....I had to chuckle seeing this, asking when I'd be on the east coast. what you may not know is that as soon I have a bunch of east coast dates up on the tour schedule I get a bunch of mail from my west coast devotees asking why I'm not out there. similar things happen when I'm making a swing thru the midwest, south, etc. I LOVE feeling so in demand by you all! I really do! no worries, my dear ones. we are putting together tours for every region possible to celebrate this new CD and get word out as far and wide as possible with it. for one thing, how else will it be paid for???? but, really, I plan on celebrating this CD and this 25th year of playing with/for you with as many of you as possible and I thank you for asking! stay tuned!

as for tee-shirts. hm. our devoted bea and many others in the easily suede family have tried to talk me into doing tees for some time now. to me, it is one more thing to be managed, made, and carried, when we already have all those instruments, suitcases, CDs/DVDs, cosTUMES, etc....I'll put it out there to you, my devotees - is there really serious interest out there for a tee-shirt? let me know.

EVERYBODY SAY YES TO TEE'S. Make some not to femme as I am not. Also may I ask how Ms L foot is doing??

You teased me with your last email news !! WHEN will you be in FLORIDA ???? I live near Orlando and when I know when and where you will be I'll be sure to let everyone know how totally wonderful Ms. Suede actually is !!! SO SPILL ! When will you be visiting the SUNSHINE STATE !

I'm putting it out there for a Suede shirt! What about a golf shirt promoting Suede's new CD with name and website so we can all promote and help pay for the Diva's new CD???

victoria,

I'll be playing in tampa on saturday, november 22, the day before I sail away with olivia cruises! I know it's a long way off but it's never too late to spread the news! more details on the 'news' and 'tours' page on this site.

thanks for drumming up excitement for it now!

Cyn----I think your idea is great! It would be fanastic to promote the new CD. For me, I would need a large size!

Sallie:

So glad to see your post and know you are still kicking. Will get to work to see about designing a shirt for the CD launch. Have done about twenty for one thing or another over the years, so this is just another opportunity. Suede is right about shirts being something else to drag around, inventory, stock, and manage along with everything else. That is a mess; I remember having a few hundred shirts in my basement, and packing them to mail to folks as orders came in; not too much fun.

What is fun is anticipating the new CD, and checking to see if Diva is appearing nearby so one can enjoy a wonderful evening.

Dutey

Dutey,

If you are volunteering your talents to do a graphic design for a silk-screened t-shirt and/or polo shirt, I have often thought that Suede's unique signature (especially the capital "S") would make a great silk-screen graphic. Unfortunately, I don't have a single artistic molecule in my body! But, perhaps, the back of a shirt could include Suede's unique signature, "2008 Dangerous Mood Tour", and www.suedewave.com" in the design.

I have always been partial to "chest-pocket" designs on the front of a shirt (minus an actual chest pocket), too. I have actually thought about having "Diva Devotee" monogrammed on a polo shirt to wear to Suede's shows. Adding Suede's signature above the "Diva Devotee" would be even better. A chest-pocket logo could be easily and economically silk-screened with a one-color screen if large enough quantities are printed. What a great way for devotees to support the release of her new CD.

I can only imagine how logistically difficult it is to take a show on the road as our Diva does. So, maybe just being able to order shirts on-line at first would be easier and could be done ahead of the release in support of getting the CD done. I'm on board with whatever movement there is out there to assist Suede in launching her new CD and getting her 2008 "Dangerous Mood" tour on the road.

Hope to see you at an east coast Diva venue in the not-too-distant future....just look for someone wearing a "Diva Devotee" shirt!!

Hi, Cyn, Sallie, Dutey and Mint Julep!!

Hey, I'm "in", as well, to help build-up and support the DANGEROUS MOOD TOUR in ANY way I can! If we get an agreed upon design going and approval from Suede, I'll volunteer my time around Suede's WEST COAST performances to get those shirts into circulation....schelpping, tracking, stocking and storing.

What do you think, ALL, about making this happen?!?!

With motivated highs,
Terri

Re: T shirts/Polo shirts

Well, guess we should await Suede's return from the recording studio this week before we move on. Can you imagine how much fun she is having doing all the work in studio this week??? Wouldn't a DVD of this process be interesting?

Mint has designed the shirt; all we need is the signature and Diva's approval. Any ideas as to color(s) for the shirts??

Understand I am no artist----biology major; but I have access to a fine team of graphic artists who do shirts, and have produced over 5000 shirts for me over the last 20 or so years.

MJ--send me an e-mail if you will.

Other ideas?

Dutey

Dutey,

I do not have your e-mail address. Do you have Sallie C.'s e-mail address? If so, you can e-mail Sallie and let her know that it is okay to forward your e-mail address to me.

I really do think that using Suede's stylized signature somewhere in the design would be a winner. I am sure your graphic artist pals are up to the task of creating a design that meets the Diva's approval as a "lady of delicate sensibilities."

Anyone else out there with artistic genes?

Maybe the color & design of the shirt could coincide with color & designs of the cd cover since it will be promoting her "Dangerous Mood" tour? Not sure what that may look like yet...
This is the big day in the studio they're working to make it all happen!
Feel those suedewaves!

Mint:

Just click on the mailbox below my name on the post and my address will come into view.

ML: Good idea to coordinate colors with CD cover.......

Thanks,
dutey

WAHOO, YA, SURE, YOU BETUM! What a fanastic idea on the T or POLO shirts! Count me in on anyway I can help. I am amazed on the talent in this group of Diva Devotees. Keep up the great work.

Sallie

Dutey, MJ, fellow devotees, I am happy to assist in any way I can.

Dutey, after all this time on the Community Forum, I never paid any attention to the icons other than the occasional creativity using the smilies. Thanks for pointing out the very obvious mailboxes....Geez Louise!

Sallie, your unbridled enthusiasm is always such a joy! There was never any doubt in my mind that you would jump on board with this new endeavor.

Can't wait to hear from some of the other "post'er children" out there about the Shirt Campaign.

Some of the shirts could even acknowledge the poster chldren!!!

How would one interpret the notion of being a poster child for Dangerous Mood???

dutey