Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy New Year

As I sit here wishing I were in the Diva's audience at this very minute, I can't help but feel grateful for all the amazing gifts I have received in 2007 including but not limited to: a rebirth of the joy of living after an incredible birthday celebration in May with Suede and other Diva Devotees; having the honor of meeting a remarkable woman who has touched my life with unparalleled generosity; being inspired by another woman of limitless courage and zest for life; knowing that my son-in-law was spared from a raging inferno by virtue of simply not being on duty which was surely Divine Intervention; celebrating 14 years with my loving life partner and her entire family; spending quality time with my mother who finally emerged from the depths of alcoholism after 20 years due to my baby brother's diligent care; and discovering that my own miracle child is pregnant with my family's first grandchild!

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you out there in cyberspace, especially all of the other "Post-Her Children" as our wonderful Diva has so appropriately dubbed us, for allowing me to share my thoughts with you and honoring me by responding in kind. To those of you fortunate enough to spend this "Eva with the Diva", BRAVO!!!

Happy New Year to all of you and may 2008 give you many reasons to smile, many moments of immeasurable joy, and innumerable opportunities for raucous laughter!

Re: Happy New Year

Holiday greetings, Mint Julep!

It's always a pleasure to read your posts. Your spirit is in constant bloom....a true delight in the myriad ways you extend your "branches of wisdom" and experiences!

I, too, wish I were at Suede's performance and eagerly anticipate posts from those who did attend. (I truly believe she feels the "energy-of-support" from those of us who are hovering about in "spirit support", tho!!)

As we welcome another year of BLESSINGS and PRIVILEGE, I share this quote with ALL:

"ENLIGHTENMENT, OR TRUE HAPPINESS, IN NOT A TRANSCENDENTAL STATE. IT IS A CONDITION OF BROAD WISDOM, BOUNDLESS ENERGY, AND GOOD FORTUNE WHEREIN WE EACH SHAPE OUR OWN DESTINY, FIND OUR OWN FULFILLMENT IN DAILY ACTIVITIES, AND COME TO UNDERSTAND OUR ULTIMATE PURPOSE IN LIFE." -Josei Toda

Here's to a NEW HAPPY YEAR,
Terri

Hello Mint Julep. Yes, you did miss a fanastic performance by the "Diva". I do feel you will be able to catch her at another time. I owe you a letter and will explain why it has taken longer than I would have liked to reply. This last year has been filled with unexpected treasures of frienship. It is amazing to me that the people you need in your life seem to appear just when you need them the most. You are one of those treasures. Have a fanastic 2008! We will meet again. Sallie

Hello TR. Another quote I love in addition to your posting is from Grandma Moses, "Life is what you make it, always has been and always will be". Let's all go forward and make our futures bright and filled with love in 2008.

Have you read "The Alchemist", by Paulo Coelho? Sallie, your mention how people seem to appear in your life just when you need them most reminded me of this book... an easy read you may enjoy. I just happened to have revisit it recently. For those who have read it... "Maktub"

MJ, TR, although you did not make it in person to the 12/30 show, the suedewaves were sent your way. No doubt 2008 will bring you many more, there is sonic boom on the way!

All the Best,
ML

single women's weekend

Hey there Suede: Thanks for visiting us at brunch. Your new album is amazing. I still miss hearing you sing outside of Wildhearts. Good luck in DC.
peace,
V