Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eva with the Diva

First of all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. It's so hard to believe that 2008 is right around the corner!
Mint Julep- You will never be the same after a grandchild. We find such joy in ours and NEVER tire of her. Congradulations.
I just thought I'd see who will be coming to the Eva with the Diva on the 30th. It'd be fun to somehow meet up and get to say hi to those of us that e-mail throughout the year.
Merry, Merry!
Lynne

Re: Eva with the Diva

Lynne,

The arrival of my first grandchild will certainly alter my usual vacation plans for July 2008. I have not forgotten that we had made a tentative date for dinner in P-town with you and yours after missing each other like "ships passing in the night" this past summer. We were really looking forward to it, so....may we have a raincheck for that rendevouz? If we are unable to make it for Women's Week in October 2008, I know that we will be back to our usual vacation schedule for July 2009. Wow, how is that for long-range planning?!?

In the meantime, perhaps we may discover ourselves at the same Diva venue before then as I always try to wear my shirt with a "Mint Julep" monogram. The origin of the monogram began as an inside joke, but it and the persona it conjures in one's mind has since taken on a life of its own, so now I feel compelled to just simply "own it" as the saying goes.

Hope to see you out there sooner rather than later. But if not sooner, later will just have to suffice for this grandmother-to-be.

How we envy your "Eva with the Diva"--what a great way to end an old year and welcome a new one. Have a safe and memorable holiday season!

Mint Julep

I sure do hope to make it to New Years Eva w/ my favorite Diva... it's become a tradition since before the millenium and each year she manages to out do herself.. "I know, believe it or not, as much as that seems impossible"! It just wouldn't feel quite the same to say goodbye to '07 and welcome 2008!

So Lynne, if things work in a manageable fashion and my hopes have it, I will look forward to saying hello in person to you and any others out there.

Wishing Happy and Healthy Holidays to all fellow devotees visiting the forum, and newbees who happen to be discovering our beloved Diva!

And, congratulations to you MJ on your July present that's on the way!

Peace & Best Wishes to All~
ML

Hello Lynne and ML! I will be attending the 30 Dec concert. Hope to find you both and say "greetings for the New Year." Mint Julep, regret you and Carol can't make it this time but I know I will see you both down the line at another concert.
Sallie

Mint Julep,
Your "trip" of holding your grandchild for the first time will be the best one you have ever been on, trust me! We are yearly Cape goers, so we shall meet and have our dinner when the time is right! We try to get to the Cape as often as possible. We have been averaging about 4 to 5 times a year. We are seriously thinking about going up for Women's Week this year as I will be retired as of June 21st. So perhaps we shall meet during that event. Until then enjoy all the wonders of becoming a grandmother. There is NOTHING like it.
I forgot to mention in my first posting that when Suede says the Fairbank's Inn is THE place, she wasn't kidding. We have been staying there for over 6 years after Christmas. It's a beautiful inn and it just relaxes and warms you all over. The current owners are both helpful and friendly. Perhaps we will meet some of you during our stay there this year.
Still hoping for a surprise visit from Suede!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas and may we really have peace on earth!
Lynne

Hello Lynne! See you at the Fairbanks. I will be arriving on the afternoon of the 29th.

Sallie,
That's really cool that you'll be at The Fairbanks on the 29th!!!!! We'll keep the light on for ya!
ML looking forward to seeing you at the "Eva". Hope we can figure out who each of us is!!!!!!! (Mint Julep, was that a proper sentence? It doesn't sound really great but we just got home from babysitting & although we had a ball, we are tired!)
Lynne

Lynne,
I will be sitting somewhere in the first three rows. I plan on wearing black slacks and black long sleeve shirt with a black and white necklace. I am ready to roll! Just 3 days and a wake-up! I am a senior citizen with a love of good music. I do plan on eating at the Crown and Anchor before the show. We have 3 chances to meet..at the Fairbanks, at the Crown and Anchor and the show. Bet we connect. Take care, see you there.
Sallie

Greetings Sallie, Lynne, and anyone else visiting this forum who may be at the C & A this Sunday~
I plan to go to town and eat at Central House Restaurant before the show, so do hope to say hello! Sallie, not sure what I'll be wearing, but I'll keep an eye out to greet you in person!
Enjoy your get away to The Fairbanks!

Here's saying gooddbye to '07 and welcoming '08... The year our beloved Diva "defies gravity" w/ her "Dangerous Mood"!

Woohoo!

Cheers~
ML