Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Birthday

Suede,
I heard you on WTTW a week or so ago. Where have you been and why don't more people know about your wonderful talent. You range is masterful and even over the TV your emotional ties to your music can be heard and felt. I laughed greatly when after a few sporadic applauds rang out while you were singing and you said that was pretty good for white folks. Your sense of humor seems as genuine as your talent.
Thank you for sharing your gift with us as I wish you, Suede, a very happy birthday. Cathy

Re: Happy Birthday

The question is Cathy, where have you been to miss this great lady and her music! It is indeed a rare fine when we do discover her talent. I, too, discovered her singing just 2 years ago. I , too, wondered why I had NOT heard her before. One of the best places to really enjoy her is on an Olivia Cruise. She is slated to be on 3 cruises this coming year. If you can make it, a grand opportunity is coming on 30 Dec 07 at the Crown and Anchor 8PM in PTown, MA. If you and yours can make it I will see you there. Welcome to the Suede Fan Club!

hi cathy!
welcome to the fold!!!!
what a lovely birthday gift to hear such kind words from you. thanks so much for tracking me down and taking the time to be in touch.
as for not being more well known....oy, we don't have time for that one here. suffice it to say I am incredibly grateful that somehow I have been able to carve out a wonderful life by singing. quite frankly, it's a LOT of work and not easy by any means, esp if you're over the age of 15, it seems. and, I am, believe it or not.....wink. if not for my absolutely amazing fans I would be doing something else to pay the bills but, they won't have it. they are right here for me and give me this realization of my childhood dream. for that, I am eternally grateful. and now I am happy to include you in that circle! hang around here a bit. these are fine, fine people in this little community of ours. veterans, welcome the newbie!

Cathy,

Well as I live and breathe, I was creating this post at the same time our dear Diva was posting, too! So I will have to edit my original message since I was going to say; "As our dear Diva (whom I hope is celebrating her birthday at this very moment) would say, "Welcome to the fold, Newbie!" Looks like the diva herself beat me to it and, of course, said it better than I ever could.

As one who has had the honor of having my life touched and irrevocably changed for the better by Suede's presence in my life, let me assure you that Suede is the "real deal" as the saying goes. I sincerely hope that you have the opportunity to be a member of her audience in the near future so that you will understand what Bea Arthur meant when she proclaimed, "Honey, you are to die for!" after being in the Diva's audience one summer evening in Provincetown.

Until then, please share your feelings and impressions of the Diva's music and amazing talent with everyone you know because the day will come when Suede is recognized and honored for the national treasure she is. And if you are ever fortunate enough to actually meet Suede after one of her shows, be prepared to know that what you see is what you get and to understand that Bea Arthur was right...Suede really is to die for! I know as I have "been there, done that!" And I am eternally grateful for it.