Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diva Birthday Avalanche

Mercy me, how time flies! Hard to believe that it has been a year since the Diva’s last birthday. Time surely does fly when you’re having fun and living “La Dolce Vida” as the saying goes. What a cornucopia of “How I Met Suede” stories last year during the month of November. So, devotees, what do we do for an encore this year?

The first year I met my life-partner-to-be, I knew her birthday was in September, but could never quite find a way to secretly nail it down to the exact day. So, to solve my dilemma, I decided to send her an avalanche of birthday cards. From September 1st - September 30th, I sent her a birthday card every single day so I was certain not to miss the actual day. The cards ranged from funny, whimsical, meditative, inspirational, quirky, classic, emotional, and a few cleanly risqué. All were intended to produce a laugh, a chortle, a guffaw, and hopefully, a smile or two. And the rest, as they say, is history as we celebrated our 14th anniversary this past September!

In addition to any birthday message that you may post here on the message board, may I suggest a “variation on a theme” for birthday cards to Suede via snail-mail. Instead of daily cards from one devotee, how about one card from every devotee out there who comes to this Community Forum (remembering that "your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities") - all timed to arrive at the Wellfleet Post Office on November 30th!

So, how about it? Let’s keep the postmaster in the Wellfleet Post Office busy this month. Every avalanche begins with a single snowflake. Will you join me by contributing to the creation of a birthday card avalanche-in–the-making that may give new meaning to the phrase “GOING POSTAL!”

Re: Diva Birthday Avalanche

ABSOLUTELY, Mint Julep.... what a "snow-angel" of an idea!! "Come rain or come shine....blizzard or avalanche", let's HAIL our Diva with "snowfakes" of appreciation, via the Wellfleet Post Office!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH, SUEDE!!!!

L'Chaim,
TR

Mint Julep,
What a great idea...count me in!!!!!
Thanks for keeping us going with wonderful ideas.
And ...congratulations on your 14 wonderful years with your partner.
Lynne

Count me in on the Birthday Avalance. I'm lucky to have two friends with the same November birthday so that helps too! Here's to you Suede! May your life work continue to bring an avalanche of new and old fans!

Thanks TR, Lynne, & JazzFanCyn for joining the mission. Nice to have all of you contributing to the amassing of snowflakes at the base of our Birthday Avalanche.

I noticed there have been over 30 views of this message thus far and hope they are already out shopping for cards!

What a great idea Mint Julep!!! Hope we all get on board for this event.

Will buy cards for friends I have given Diva's CDs to and have them write her a note and mail them on. They likely do not visit this site, so being involved with a birthday thanks for the music will be fun for them.

Dutey

What a great idea Mint Julep!!! Hope we all get on board for this event.

Will buy cards for friends I have given Diva's CDs to and have them write her a note and mail them on. They likely do not visit this site, so being involved with a birthday thanks for the music will be fun for them.

Dutey

Dutey,

I like your style....what a great thought for additional birthday salutations from those many others out there who revel in the Diva's music!

Way to go Mint Julip! It is a long way from here to there. I will check on our pony express mail carrier to determine what the lag time is to Well Fleet to insure I can get the card there as close to the 30th as possible. Suede has another year to excel! Right now I hope she is in the recording studio doing her "thing."

MJ---The idea was NOT good enough to enter twice, but my computer has been acting up so I guess it sent the message twice. Sorry for the double entry.

Sallie---glad you are on board after our exciting cruise to Mexico. Quite a lot of rocking and rolling what with the hurricane and the Santa Anna winds!!!

Enjoy this lovely fall season everyone................The apples are great here in Virginia, so we are full of yummy items.

Dutey

Re: Re: Diva Birthday Avalanche

Already have the card, since I am a hallmark veteran..
another wonderful year for her to have a great birthday...
thanks everyone

So, Dutey....

Let me know when my request/craving for that DUTCH APPLE PIE (ala mode) is ready. I can see you "baking away" in the kitchen....what fun...what a visual!!

"Half-baked",
Terri

Good Monday Morning (definitely the epitome of an oxymoron) to all! So-o-o-o delighted to see all of you out there reading this post and spreading the word about operation "Avalanche" for November 30th.

The SEC may raise an eyebrow or two when the price of Hallmark and Carlton cards suddenly rises this month! So, let's give them something to investigate!

As the song says: "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...!"

TR

Guess you did not eat as much as I on the Mexico cruise so you are ready for something fattening!!!

As for me I am still walking off that trip!!

Dutey

Dutey, as you continue to walk off the "mega meals", etc., I will continue to swim those calories away and swing them away playing tennis. Soooo, bring on THAT pie!! YUMMY!!!!

Oh, if you get the chance, see the movie WAITRESS....you'll laugh, as per our correspondence.

Happy trails,
Terri

The month of November is already half over. Only 15 more card-shopping days until the Diva Birthday Avalanche ensues! If just 1/2 of the 174 views of this post represents a “new viewer” (so to speak for lack of better nomenclature) thus far, perhaps we should warn the postmaster at the Wellfleet Post Office to start going to the gym so as to be strong enough to handle the load of cards coming that way on November 30th!

So as my mother used to say, "Put some hustle in your bustle" and help raise the stock price of Hallmark, American Greetings, and Carlton Cards on behalf of the Diva!

I would love to join in and send Birthday wishes to our Diva. What is the address ? Thanks !

Oops....mercy me, again! Address, you ask.....just a "minor" detail!

I recommend using the address on this website for snail-mail orders from Easily
Suede Music:

Easily Suede Music
P. O. Box 1665
Wellfleet, MA 02667

However, I am sure any cards addressed to:

Suede
General Delivery
Wellfleet Post Office
Wellfleet, MA 02667

....would find their way to our Diva as I seriously doubt there is more than one post office patron named Suede!

Thanks to all of you out there who are joining this project and contributing to the Birthday Avalanche.

..."Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"...

We are careening toward the homestretch with only 10 more birthday-card-shopping days to go. For those of you who are traveling and need to post your cards early, may I suggest putting "Do Not Open until 11/30/07" in bold print (RED if you have it) to try to forestall a premature opening by the Birthday Diva.

In the meantime, I hope all of you out there have a safe & joyous Thanksgiving celebration. And for all of those football fans, may all of your favorite football teams be victorious!

We are "down to the wire" for sending an avalanche of birthday-card greetings to the Diva. This is one time that I hope the USPS is working overtime stuffing cards into a P.O. box!

Any time I reminisce about being a member of the Diva's audience, I am always struck by the depth and heart of Suede's stage presence which conveys the message that she is up there doing what she was born to do, and she loves it! Suede is truly the only entertainer I have ever had the opportunity to see who can make you feel the soul from which her music and voice come. She not only sings from her heart, but she gives life to the music and words with every note she hits. Suede is truly a national treasure. And I am privileged and honored to know her.

These words from Erma Bombeck come to mind every time I think of Suede and her amazing gift to the world at large: When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Indeed, our amazing Diva gives it her all every time she steps onto a stage.

My dear Suede, you are truly the epitome of the phrase: Love the Life you live and Live the Life you Love!

Rock on, my friend, ROCK ON!!!

And by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

You have put into words what a "Suede" fans feels. Thank you Mint Julep. This Lady Diva is top notch in her field. I wish she had more recognition at the top of the music world. They are missing a winner! Each of her concerts is such a pleasure to attend and for a few hours foget every care in the world, sit back, enjoy the view, and open our ears to a fanastic sound. This birthday greetings from me to Suede holds prayers from ALL of us for the future. Hang in there, Suede for many more years to come. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Greetings Fellow Devotees!

I have been thoroughly enjoying viewing the postings of my fellow devotees to our favorite Diva's "SPECIAL DAY". My apologies for not making my presence/participation known earlier.

MJ, thanks for starting the Avalanche! I I look forward to meeting you and all of my other fellow devotees involved some day at one of Suede's performances~ Though, I bet we will learn our paths will have been crossed several times before.

Call out the Ski Patrol and crank up the snow plow for the Birthday Avalanche today!

Dash over to the Post Offiice with a bottle of Motrin for the postal workers who hopefully have sprained their arms and wrists from stuffing birthday cards into P.O. Box 1665!

Sit back and imagine the smile on Suede's face as she reads all of the birthday greetings from Diva Devotees and hope someone has a camera.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Suede!

On your official day may you have all your wishes come true. May love, peace, joy, and health follow you today and for all of your days.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
All of us are so glad you were born!

Lynne

Dear Diva,
A very beautiful and happy birthday, may all your dreams, for now and in the future come true.
Annette.

Today is THE day! Let there be many, many more. Enjoy today and let the spirits rise! Keep that great voice in gear for the end of December concert.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

greetings poster children. hm. I like that....get it?
well, I JUST got through the mountain of birthday cards you all sent. I do feel adored, my devotees! thanks for the truly wonderful words, the kind thoughts, the borders gift cards and even the somewhat nasty cards - all sent in good humor. thanks also for another magnificent year filled by your generosity.
I am grateful.
on to the next!

Poster Children aka Diva Devotees aka Avalanche Brigade: Excellent job out there!

Now we have only 364 more days to decide on our next Diva Birthday Extravangza. So keep that gray matter in gear and crank out those ideas in time for November 30, 2008.

I hope to see you out there in a 2008 Diva venue!

Mint:

Diva will be returning from a cruise next year on Nov 30, so catching up with her might be a little different. Guess the cards can be in Wellfleet awaiting her return............... but maybe some would like to join the cruise, and celebrate in person.

How FINE would that be???!!!???!!!

Dutey

Hay Dutey! Let's all go on that cruise and MAKE WAVES on 30 Nov 08. That should shake the ocean.

Sallie:

Think we are calling Olivia tomorrow to reserve our spots on the Thanksgiving Cruise. Some of the rest of you need to get on board and celebrate the Diva's birthday in person!!!

Dutey