Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please come to Philadelphia

My husband and I stumbled across Suede while watching WYBE 35 Sunday night (10/28/07). We were awestruck (him being a family musician and jazz lover--me just loving music :o). Needless to say we had a wonderfully romantic cuddle while watching Suede live at Scullers. Loved it so much, I Googled her to get more info :o)

Hope to see you in the city of Brotherly Love sometime in the near future. Philly has a large Jazz following and unfortunately, Zanizibar Blue has closed, but Warmdaddy's and many more venues speak to the Jazz heritage of the city. I would love to treat my hubz to a concert to see you (he would melt ). His b-day is in February (hint, hint! LOL!)

Thanks for the space :o) Love your music and the soul with which you naturally deliver it .

Re: Please come to Philadelphia

This is the morning after I saw and heard Suede for the first time and I am completely bowled over by the experience. By chance, my husband and I stumbled on Suede's PBS show at Scullers (like mrs tj) and our musical sensibilities were surprised and thrilled! I kept saying that Suede is the best kept secret on the jazz scene. Now that I am "in the know" I am on a quest to surround myself with Suede's glorious talant. Please come to Philly..we need you! By the way, "Emily Remembers" is the only song that ever made by husband break down into tears (me too). We sooo look forward to seeing you in person!!!

For the newcomers to Suede, she usually plays the Tin Angel at least once a year. Her new touring schedule for 2008 should be coming out around January. Check back on this site then. If Tin Angel is not scheduled yet, keep checking back, new venues are continually being added.

As our dear Diva would say, "Welcome to the fold, NEWBIES!"

Now that you are among us as Diva Devotees, please know that Suede's CD's and the "Di-Va-D" from Sculler's are all must-haves in your jazz collections. We are anxiously awaiting her next CD. Until then, I keep my CD player loaded with the Diva's music in the continuous play mode!

Please don't pass up an opportunity to be a member of Suede's audience, no matter the distance you may have to travel. Just recently, what can only be described as the longest "road trip" on record occurred when a fan traveled all the way from the Netherlands to the United States for the first time specifically to see Suede perform during a Jazz Festival.

Trust your instincts and ears. Suede is the real deal as the consummate entertainer whose jazz vocals are truly amazing. Her talent is exceeded only by her generosity of heart & spirit and her devotion to her fans as well as to her craft.

Thanks for joining us here on Suede's Community Forum and sharing your "first exposure" with the rest of us. Great to have you newcomers aboard.

Mint Julep