Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Di-Va La Mexico....

WOW, WOW, WOOWWWW!!!!

As I adjust to to the OTHER "reality", in the "people pool" of society, the HIGH NOTES ( and moments) of Suede's incredible performances on the Mexican Riviera Cruise with Olivia, continue to SWELL in it's WAKE!!

Not only did our Diva look FABULOUS, she TOPPED herself, once again. Lucky me, I was able to attend BOTH performances and I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in each house, which were FULL! Moved to tears, laughter and show-stop'n rhythm, were we!! Those standing ovations never seemed to dwindle, either. I tell ya, I am always AMAZED at all the venues I've seen her perform.... and I've had the privilege and honor to catch a variey of shows since 1996 (NEVER the same show twice). The bonus, for me, has ALWAYS been in observing how Suede's talents, heart, generosity and gratitude work with both the audience and band members. Suede is ABSOLUTELY "present" at each and every performance.... a CLASS ACT, by far. To catch the "buzz", after each show, is awe-inspiring.... the audiences simply love her and MORE and MORE people become "hooked" on Suede's music.

What a treat, as well, to share this experience with five other "Suede-wavers", Carol, Dutey, Leslie, Nancy and Sallie!!!!! You gals are a "hoot"!! To have Suede's mother in the audience was quite touching, as the dual love, respect, proudness and support are apparent. BRAVO, Suede, BRAVO.... you certainly are TOP NOTCH!! And Suede, we'll ALL be there for you again, and again, and again.... AND AGAIN!!!!

"Leave'n my hat on",
Terri

Re: Di-Va La Mexico....

TR

What a great post about the Olivia Cruise for all of the unfortunate landlubbers like me out here in cyberspace. I keep hoping that my partner and I can save enough of our "coupon money" to book a "Suedewave" cruise by the time our 20th anniversary comes up on the calendar. Until then, I will simply have to rely upon colorful accounts of others to vicariously savor the flavor and ambience of a "Suede-Infused Cruise."

Sallie, Dutey, Nancy, Leslie, Carol, et. al....the landlubbers out here are awaiting your celebratory accounts as well with great anticipation!

Thanks for the infusions!
Mint Julep

Re: Di-Va La Mexico....

Well, the Diva did it again---had another show which just floored the entire audience. Many were newbies who were still talking many hours later about the amazing woman she is. Sat next to a newbie who kept talking and asking about where and when she could see Suede again. Gave her several ideas on that.

Suede's mom was with us on the cruise, and having a chance to interact with her let me know where Diva got many of her admirable traits. Mom is a gracious, funny, adorable gal who was much fun to be around.

As usual the ever generous Suede gave such credit for her show to the ship's band. And as usual, she brought out the best musicianship in each band member and featured them in several songs. Spoke with the band director at breakfast the next morning, and he too was just alive with his thrill at performing with our Suede. He said====last night's show was wonderful for my entire band, and was not work but delirous fun for all of us. Each band member just beamed and enjoyed their evening with Diva.

For those of you who have not done a cruise, Suede and other entertainers not only do their own shows, but do introductions for one another, join together to judge the talent show, call bingo, and generally enjoy one another at various venues. Seeing their delight in the talents of others is fun for the audience as well.

Suede says the new CD is moving along. She will be in the studio in November so perhaps we will see a long anticipated and most welcome to our musical library and Ipod listening pleasure.

And many thanks to Sallie, Carol, Leslie, TR, and all for the wonderful memories of a great trip.

Dutey