Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday Oct.13th Show...

Hi Everyone...My name is Diane and i am a retired school teacher...I am 64 years old and this past week end i had an incredible experience...Allow me to give you a brief intro into my life so to allow you to understand my experioence in Ptown...

In 97 i had three brain surgeries, anuerysms, because they were all located in different areas of mt brain different surgeries, one at a time...I retired from teaching because of the affects the surgeries left on my capabilities...Although my weaknesses were not visible to the human eye, i knew where and what my limitations were, hence retired earlier than i wanted to...

The love and friendship of women cannot be surpassed and i have been fortunate in my life time to have and had many wonderful friends...Friendship is truly a gift we give ourselves by giving ours to others...

This past week i went to Ptown with 3 wonderful friends and stayed at their condo off Commerical St.. Going there was reliving a 35 year ago trip i had gone on and stayed at Gabrielle's Inn, so reliving a part of my young life, and the many hours i spent sitting at the Wharf and watching the seagulls and thinking of my favorite story Jonathan Livingston Seagull, i was flying high in ephoria remembering and taking in the oh so familiar smell of the ocean as i had so many times in my life on the waters edge at my summer home in Rockaway Beach...

My friends this weekend had told me we were going to see a show called Suede, i insisted on buying their tickets as well as my own...wondering who or what this Suede show was all about...At the show i asked what is the show about,my friend told me Suede was a jazzy singer and told me nothing more...Lights dimmed, spot lights came on, and from the back of the room down the isle came a tall gal in a long white coat with a black suit underneath...Her voice was loud as she ran down the isle and the screams from the audience led me to believe she was valued by the throngs of women clapping for her...I was glad to see she wasn't a youngster as i sat back to listen to her dialogue, i felt a warm sincere personality from her persona and thought to myself, i like her...THEN****out of her mouth, up from her throat, came this absolutely snazzyjazzy powerful wonderful voice, immediately I thought, Rosie clooney, Louis Armstrong,Bette, and Helen Oconnell all rolled into one magnificent voice...I fell in love****64 years old, surrvived brain surgeries, throat cancer, 44 radiations treatments,chemo, had the last rights,and i am blowed over by the pressence and essence of this woman Suede who i never heard of, i instantly became a groupie...My mouth wide open as in shock each and every time she sang another tune...When she began talking to the audience i yelled from about the 12th row, "Sing Happy Birthday to me" she cocked her head turned sideways and in a sultry voice sang Happy Birthday to me, just at the part where you say the persons name, i helped her by yelling my name DIANE!!!!! she chuckled, i was thrilled, we all had a good laugh...but wait it isn't over...during one of her songs as she was running down the isle she past me and i put my hand out and she grabbed it, i was star struck like a kid...WAIT there is more...when she started walking back down the isle doing a dialogue she was just about to pass me and i got up and kissed her on the cheek which she accepted in such a warm manner...again...i was in awe...My friends one a lawyer and the other a nurse, very reserved seniorish women said they were going to have to tie me down, never had they seen me react like that...we all had a grand laugh at my wonderful introduction to Ms Suede...Wait there is moreeeeeeeeee...laughing now...after the show i was so eager to buy her cd, she was standing out in the lobby greeting people. i walked towards her she grinned, i thanked her, and told her the last best show i had seen was Bette Middler in Clams on the Half Shell many years before, and she out did Bette...she was thrilled to hear that...
Her band was superb and Janice (my daughter is also Janice)the pianist was incredible...An old lady with a cane and 3/4 of what she once was became a teenager, leaving that wonderful nite and taking it with me still thinking about it today...I am joining everything, following her shows, and guess what? I AM GOING TO GO ON MY FIRST CRUISE on THE OLIVIA the next time Suede is going...So how did you like this story? AMAZING if you ask me....Diane

Re: Saturday Oct.13th Show...

well, my dear....welcome to our little adventure! veterans, welcome the newbie....
so, I will see you in san diego? that's the next olivia trip I'm doing. you GO girl!

Diane,

What a wonderfully descriptive & colorful account of your first "Suede exposure" last weekend. So glad to have you join us as a Diva Devotee.

Welcome to the fold!

Diane, you sound 64 years YOUNG, with a very fun & strong spirit! So glad you decided to make the show last Saturday... and now I know who we were singing Happy Birthday to!

Welcome aboard, you are going to thoroughly enjoy the ride w/ our beloved Diva!

ML

I was at that show, heard you yell and thought "OH boy, a live one - what a hoot" - and what with the Diva being in an EXTRA special mood that night! Way to go kid! ;-D

You are in for the ride of your life now, my friend! More treats await!

Our Ms. Suede really outdid herself that night - what a perfect introduction you had to one of the most outstanding performers I have ever been so fortunate to experience.

Yeah, we like her.

And like your story! KEEP IT GOING!

Hi There Suede...Just happened to return to this forum to read somemore info and again i must say, you made my day! never thinking people let alone YOU were going to mention me in their blogs?...The picture of you s m i l i n g, just warms me, you remind me of (don't get insulted0 of a grand Aunt i had who had a warm firendly fun loving personality that showed in her pictures...I am going to go on a cruise with some of my friends as soon as it comes this way...I am in Northeastern Pa, where the hills are not alive with wonderful sisters, Just Rainbow Mountain and the Pal Organization...Mostly i go to New Jersey to women's teas and dances...Think i might start a SisterPal writing club, already told a chat room i sometimes frequent about you...I met so many wonderful ladies sitting on the wharf in Ptown, oldies and newbies, just plain old good people...was so nice to read the people's replies to my note...How nice people can be...TY D...

diane,
what a wonderful story. suede has the power to heal through her song/voice and spirit.
she has been an inspiration to be the best and try the best i possibly can in the face of a neurological condition that has its ups and downs.
after years of struggling to regain strength, mobility and will power....it was her song "remember who you are" that helped me WALK into work the first day.
the voice, the smile, the hugs and the powerful thoughts she has given me will stay in my memory forever!
enjoy diane, she is a gift.