Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just discovered Suede!

My girl and I were looking for something to watch on television last Sat.One of our PBS stations was airing Suede live at Scullys.It was one of the most enjoyable hours I've spent in some time.Jazz is not shown enough on tv.Suede is truly a DIVA!I had to find out if she is planning on playing anywhere in the Philly area.My fiance(wife as of Oct.12)and I would love to see her live.I will be looking through her discogrophy.Anyone want to tell me their favorites?

Re: Just discovered Suede!

As our dear Diva would say: "Welcome to the fold, Newbie!"

I can assure you that once you have one of her CD's, you are going to want them all. So I recommend that you save on the shipping and order all of them, including the "Di-Va-D" from Scullers. Her "On The Day We Met" CD has many of the songs you heard on PBS, including "Emily Remembers", but you can't go wrong with any or all of them!

Her "rabid fans", lovingly referred to as Diva Devotees, are anxiously awaiting her next CD. If old-fashioned vinyl records and turntables were still widely used, I would have worn out innumerable stylus needles and could probably hear both sides playing at the same time, having worn the vinyl threadbare! Suede is a healthy addiction for the Jazz Soul in all of us.

Again, welcome to the fold and congratulations on your upcoming ceremony!

Mint Julep

Hi MJ!

Welcome Leon - As they say, "It's all good!" But I do have some favorites.
First and foremost for me is 'Puddle of Love'. Lately, I can't get that tune out of my head - "...look at my face, look at your face...." (see what i mean?) Also, 'Sister' - Suedes range and especially her phrasing really set this song apart - it is perfectly sung. I also love 'Destination Moon,' 'Emily Remembers,' and you DON"T want to miss 'Built For Comfort'.

We also discovered Suede flipping through the channels a couple of years ago and as a result, have seen her perform at the Tin Angel, Phila., past 2 summers. Her performances are over-the-top great. Just this weekend, while blasting her music well past the midnight hour, we were talking about how fortunate and unbelievable to have turned to that channel at that moment - only caught the last 5 minutes but that's all it takes. Enjoy!

Another welcome, Leon.

Hello MJ and Amy.

Leon, when you order your CD's be sure to get the one where Suede is singing with the "Flirtations." Their version of Mr. Sandman is better than any other I have ever heard. (It is a just for us) The other songs on this CD are classics.

Leon:

Go with the advice from MJ, and order all the media which is available from Suedewave. You will enjoy everything. Then your friends will want to order sets as well; actually they make great gifts, and I have many thankful friends who recieved such gifts.

Hi to Sallie----See you soon!!!

Dutey

Welcome, Leon!

You're in for a real treat and "note-able" adventure, with ANY of Suede's CD's! Get ALL of them: EASILY SUEDE, THE FLIRTATIONS, BARELY BLUE and ON THE DAY WE MET!!!! Oh yeah, get the DVD, as well. You'll enjoy the bonus footage.

"Caressing Me", "Home To Myself", "Puddle Of Love", "My Foolish Heart", "If I Ever Say I'm Over You", "Scotch And Soda", "Love Me Like They Do In The Movies", "No Illusion", "My Romance", "Moondance", "Remember Who You Are", "Built For Comfort", "Emily Remembers" and "If I Love Again" are just a few (okaaaay, MANY) of my favorite songs!! Suede's own, KAIROS, is simply magical.... YEAH!!!!!!!!

Cheers to you and your wife (Oct. 12th),
Terri