Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FALL into the movies....

For those who like to INDULGE films, I have several recommendations:

1- ONCE
2- SICKO
3- THE VALET
4- TALK TO ME
5- RATATOUILLE
6- THE 11th HOUR
7- AWAY FROM HER
8- GOYA'S GHOSTS
9- THE BRAVE ONE
10- A MIGHTY HEART
11- MY BEST FRIEND
12- LA VIE EN ROSE
13- 2 DAYS IN PARIS
14- MR. BEAN'S HOLIDAY
15- I WANT SOMEONE TO EAT CHEESE WITH

Also, here are a few quotes I'd like to share:

"Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold." -Maurice Setter

"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart." -Mort Walker

"The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
-Marcel Proust

Happy Autumn Breeeezes,
Terri

Re: FALL into the movies....

Hi TR, Thank you for the information. Now I have some recommendation on movies I might like to view. There is so much trash out there sometimes it is difficult to decided what is worthwhile to watch. I enjoyed your quotes.

Hi, Sallie!

I agree, immensely!! There are a lot of movies in circulation and it ALWAYS baffles me how many CRAPPY films are, often times, high on the list of movie-goers. Hmmmm.... says quite a bit about our society and how easily "manipulated" many are, when it comes to MARKETING!!!!

Since I'm an avid movie-goer and work in the "industry", I try to see/support as many INDEPENDENT FILMS, FOREIGN FILMS and DOCUMENTARIES as possible.... RARELY am I disappointed, for the "scope" seems broader.

Sallie, if you've seen or see ANY of these movies, PLEASE share your opinion(s) and ANY recommendations you have in the WONDERFUL WORLD OF MOVIES!!!!

REEL supporter,
Terri

Alas, indeed, my friends, there truly is quite a paucity of quality films out there. Many times, it is the independent films (usually debuting at Sundance) that manage to be the only ones worth watching these days. Either that, or the Discovery, Discovery Health, National Geographic, and PBS channels on TV!

Recently, I stumbled across a Maggie Smith film titled "Keeping Mum" at the video store and rented it just because Maggie Smith was in it. It is a British "black comedy" with a lead character that only Dame Maggie Smith could pull off to perfection!

So if you liked "Fargo", you will definitely like "Keeping Mum."