Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sure is quiet around here...

.......where is everyone??

Re: sure is quiet around here...

Good Morning, Amy

Ditto! My sentiments exactly. As for myself, Life has simply been zipping along at break-neck speed with no time to "stop and smell the roses" along the way.

Perhaps, we should renew the very popular thread of favorite quotes/trivia questions/brain teasers. I'm game if other Devotees are as I always enjoy discovering new little "pearls of wisdom" to tuck away in the gray matter of my frontal lobe while my brain is still accepting and processing new information.

So, what do you say out there, my fellow Devotees?

Re: Re: sure is quiet around here...

hello diehards,

funny, I was lurking about here the last few days wondering the very same thing - where did everyone go?
I, too, have been pretty flat out lately. august was very, very busy in all sorts of ways and that continued into september as well. perhaps now that fall is upon us we'll all come home to roost? right now we here at easily suede headquarters are pretty consumed with the production details for the upcoming shows in provincetown at a new and fabulous venue. we're very excited about that! maybe we'll get some good chatter about those shows! in the meantime, thanks for checking in!

Thought all of us had gone on vacation at the same time. Good news is that at least some of us check in here to find out what is going on. Am so sad that I will miss the next series of concerts, but one does have to work from time to time I suppose.

Hope everyone will have a delightful fall season. Waking up to a crisp, sunny morning is such a renewal. And apples are really getting good now, so pies, apple sauce and apple butter will bring on a taste treat!!!

Be well and happy my friends.

Dutey

Yuummmm, Yum.... Yuuuummmmmmmmy!! Dutey, you've sent my palate on a "vacation fantasy".... sitting on a deck, along the glistening waters of Cape Cod, eating a freshly baked slice of Dutch apple pie a la mode, wrapped in Autumn's caress. THANKS!

Terri

Looks like I'm not the only one who's been checking in. And is there something else afoot in our collective consciousness?? Like FOOD?? There's a topic we can all relate to. All day, I've been craving something with anchovies! Now, now - I know what you're thinking but...they are a uniquely flavorful, robust addition to cooked recipes, especially if you are not faint-of-pallette and can appreciate well-seasoned food;

-like baking together on a cookie sheet roasted red peppers covered with fresh chopped garlic (lots), fresh basil, anchovies, drizzled with EVOO and Balsamic; on crackers the next day, it tastes like highly seasoned red pepper.

-or puttanesca which is fresh chopped garlic (lots), chopped olives, anchovies, dried basil, capers, and a little crushed red pepper, and lots of EVOO, quickly sauteed together; then add red sauce, then add cooked penne. Not only excellent but a quick dinner in a pot.

Trust me, they are both out-of-this-world delicious!!!
(Should I have started an 'anchovy' thread?)

So, folks, what's cooking in your kitchen?

Happy Fall! Great walking weather with the cool crisp air and leaf colors.
To continue Amy's food thread...
We have recently converted to all natural non preservative foods which mainly started because I'm having some health issues. Mostly purchasing from Trader Joe's. Amazing how fast you get used to the good stuff. They have whole grain pasta with flax seed, easy to make brown rice packs, add some fresh veggies, and a piece of chicken or fish and you are good to go. Once it gets a bit cooler homemade soups are our main staple :) Has anyone else discovered Trader Joe's???

Hi, Cyndi!

I concur.... Trader Joes is AMAZING!! We have them all around CA and they're ALWAYS "cookin' up" something new and interesting. My family (on the East Coast, as well), my friends and I truly appreciate Trader Joes' attention to detail, variety, organization, costumer service, wine selections (incredible) and how EVERYTHING'S so reasonably priced. (love those "samples", too!!) The ONLY downfall is how quickly they're OUTGROWING themselves, leaving one to strategically plan when to shop. Oh well, the challenge (or the planning) is ALWAYS worth the result.

Happy "TJ-ing",
Terri