Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ogunquit Concerts

Hello you'all,
I know some of you were there for the performances. Please post and let those of us who had to stay home know how it went. I miss Suede's shows. It is always heartwarming to hear what others thought about the night. Thank you.

Re: Ogunquit Concerts

I’m with you, Sallie, my friend.

Of course, there are only two words ever needed to describe a performance by the Diva.....EXCELLENT & FABULOUS !!!!!

So with that as a given, who among you out there can share the colorful nuances of the Ogunquit shows with the rest of us poor deprived souls. We await the details with bated breath!

Way to go, Mint Julep!

Well, I know this will come as a great shock to all of you, but Suede was
just marvelous in two (rare) solo performances. There were many newbies
in both houses -- all of whom were blown away by her voice, showmanship
and repertoire. Both audiences were great, but the second night's house was
firmly in the palm of her hand from the outset. And sandwiched between
these shows, Suede joined a distinguished company of musicians at a
very special benefit performance for Noe Garcia -- a young professional
horse groomer from California who had recently lost one of his arms in
an auto accident. One of the organizers of the benefit and a performer in
it was Mark Thallander, a gifted organist who has also lost an arm in
similar circumstances several years ago. What Mark can do on a church
organ with one hand and two feet is completely inspiring.

Suede's brother, Dave (about whom much has been said in this blog)
was there with his wife for both shows and predictably added his own
"out there" presence. Many of Suede's newer songs (which will be on the
next CD) were not included, but I particularly enjoyed hearing her inimitable
Harold Arlen medley, among other tunes we do not hear as often as we
like. Both evenings were completely memorable. Ogunquit was jammed,
the weather was perfect, and our Diva has a mess of new fans.

Those of you who could not be there missed a memorable weekend. In
short -- she was great, and her audiences knew it.

Jere,

Thank you for a great and colorful first-hand account of the Ogunquit shows. I have been to Ogunquit just once on a day trip from Boston about 12 years ago and enjoyed the atmosphere there with such wonderful local townspeople.

Not much more to add to Jere's synopsis of the evening, other to echo her sentiments as to what a wonderful performance by the Diva. My partner and I have seen Suede perform at the Birchmere, on a recent Olivia cruise, and so we traveled to Ogunquit from NJ just too witness her amazing range of talent again. We do love the area, but Suede was the "draw" this time. Johnathan's wonderfully intimate setting was just the right venue for the evening and Suede's rendition of Emily Remembers strikes a chord each time we hear it.

Re: Re: Ogunquit Concerts

hello all!

I will echo the sentiment that ogunquit was great fun both nights, once more. much as I miss having janice and co. along I do love playing the piano myself in shows and love the chance to do so on those rare instances when I am solo these days. and how about the food that jonathan's serves up? wowie! with venues like that to play in no wonder I am built for comfort, people!

I also wanted to let anyone who was there either night, and once again dug deep for a worthy cause, know that we raised a total of $1000 for camp sunshine and the sand castle project by passing the hat (ok, pillow case). you guys are simply amazing.
can you even imagine the thrill I had delivering that to the volunteers at camp sunshine on labor day monday?

for those that don't know about it, check out the great work they do at www.campsunshine.org and check out the world's tallest sand castle project. I got to see the castle and meet the artist and creator of this magnificent idea. I wish all who contributed to the pillow case could have seen his face when I handed over the dough....worth a million bucks, for sure. he was clearly touched, moved and inspired not to mention grateful. well done, my peeps. well done, again.

thanks for stepping up again and for making my return to jonathan's fabulous. I am one lucky diva....