Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Next Saturday in P-town

Next Saturday I will attend Suede’s concert in Provincetown, a dream will come true.
Once I read next quote on this board:
"There are some people, who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other."
So I warn you, be careful with your quotes. There is always a possibility that a silly woman like me will travel from the Netherlands to P-town.
I am so excited and even more when I read the thread of Lynne Schneider about the concert in Philadelphia.
Which of the devotees will be there too? Maybe we can meet, I will arrive August 9 and will stay at Gabriel’s Condominiums, where Bea is the Inn keeper. I’ll leave August 14.
Hope to see you.
Maybe someone can tell me how I can make a donation to ”Dave´s fund”? We don’t have checks as you have.
Annette.

Re: Next Saturday in P-town

Oh-h-h, Annette,

You are in for such a treat, the likes of which you have never experienced before. An evening with Suede at any venue is magical and defies description. It must be lived to be believed. I know Bea with make your stay at Gabriel's a memorable one (I am sure she can give you whatever information you may need for making a donation to Dave's Fund, too), and I hope that Sallie will be there as well as she is truly such an incredibly positive life force. I envy all of you who are there for this event.

Annette, you may well find yourself speechless as I have so many times when trying to express how Suede effects everyone with her magnificent voice, uncompromised generosity of heart, and beautiful spirit. I will look forward to your after-show post here on the Community Forum!

Have a GREAT time!!!

At last, Annette, you will be seeing our favorite alto in person. And, trust me,
there is nothing like it. I, too, will be there this weekend, and I, too, will be
staying at Gabriels. If you would like to make a donation to Dave's Fund
please feel free to do so this weekend in cash. I will be more than happy to
receive your donation and to pass it on to Dave. I look forward to meeting
you and to watching your reaction to this amazing talent. Have a safe trip.

Annette and Jere:

Add three more names to the concert attendees list for Saturday night. My two friends and I leave at 5 am tomorrow to drive up---in the red convertible no less. We too are staying with dear Bea, and would be glad for you to join us for hanging out, dining out, or whatever. We attended the jazz weekend last year, and of course the Saturday show was the best. Hope Sallie will be along, but have not heard from her since the Med cruise was over; last saw her in the line at the Venice airport.

Looking forward to a splendid event, and the on=going wonders of Suede's talent and love for her fans.

See you soon.
Dutey

Welcome Annette!

Perfect timing for travels afar! You have chosen a very special weekend to venture all the way from the Netherlands to visit P-town this summer... I am a true devotee, and also look forward to experiencing Suede's magical energy once again in person that I so much enjoy visiting through this community forum, cds, DVD...
No doubt you will be in the best of care at Gabriel's as well.
Enjoy, and cherish the memories!

P.S.
Hello to all devotees out there.... also looking forward to sharing your company this weekend!

All the Best,
ML

annette!
welcome to our paradise!
I look forward to meeting you. we must make sure that bea introduces us on saturday.
now go rest up! this will be a great show and you won't want to miss a beat!
all best,
suede

Annette,
I am soooooooooooooooo excited that you are coming to see Suede in my favorite place of Provincetown. After hearing her, you will feel higher than being on your plane ride over!!!!! This is the "oneness" that I mentioned in my message. Suede has the ability to bring people together both through her voice and songs AND through this wonderful experience of her message board. Although so many of us have never met, we are truly connected by her. Her dog may be named "Angel" but Suede is surely an angel too.
We won't be going to the Cape until Aug. 17th and so will miss the fabulous performance. I can hear some of the songs in my mind now. (Especially, "There's No Turning Back" is being hummed by me on a daily bases.) Annette please let us know about your experience at seeing her. This way I can be there in mind. I am already there in spirit. So enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!!! You will be hearing THE BEST singer ever and you'll be in the most magical place ever. It's a winning combo.
Lynne

I want to be there so bad I am about to go off my rocker. Dang, I hate it when I can't do 12 things at the same time! Annette, welcome, and the people who have indicated they will be there are fanastic. Be sure you make contact with all. PTown is not like any other place in the world. Bring good walking shoes and don't miss seeing and walking everywhere. My heart and ears will be there. Please listen for me. I have to miss this one BUT I'll be around in the future.

Hello to all of you,
With all your kind words I am feeling very welcome in your country, thank you a lot.
And Bea will introduce me to you Suede? Wow, I am beginning to be a bit nervous too, I hope I will not be too shy.
I look forward to meeting you all, hardly can’t wait. For those who will not be in P-town maybe we will meet some other time, you never know.
I am going to sleep now, because I must be leaving in the middle of the night. The time difference is 6 hours.
Bye, see you in P-town, or should I say P-aradise.
Annette.

Annette is here in P'town, and since yesterday was rainy it was a good day to run to the grocery store, and then do some sight seeing. She got to have lunch in Wellfleet, visit some shops, back to P'town for dinner at Bayside Besty's and a wonderful show by ZOE. She is very excited to be here, and to really meet the Diva later tonight.

Know many of you wish you were here with us, but we send to you our warmest thoughts, and if you listen hard, you will hear the music.

Hi, Annette and EVERYONE "in the mood" for Suede and P-town bliss!! Annette, you're in supportive, magical and musical hands, throughout your travels to Cape Cod, I assure you.

Although, I too, feel the PAIN (and Sallie's) of not being able to be in P-town at this time, I've been feeling the "musical vibes" of Suede and fellow devotees this weekend. Seize the "moments", Annette, and let that SUEDE JOURNEY take you to many memorable "high notes" of welcome and warmth!!

I'm looking forward to hearing/reading of many fabulous Cape Cod, P-town and, of course, SUEDE-time experiences, "come rain or come shine"!!!!

A "P-towners" heart,
Terri

Annette left this morning on the ferry to Boston. She was absolutely thrilled with her visit here, and of course her seeing and meeting Suede was the highlight.

We did enjoy her company, and hope she is able to return to a Suede concert in the future.

She said this morning that she will post after she arrives back in the Netherlands over this weekend.

Dutey