Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wow, what a night!!!!!!!!

I am not as eloquent as Mint Julep nor as poetic as Amy, so my words to describe last night's performances will be limited by my expressive abilities. That said, it was a pure experience of joy and feelings of "oneness" and love between us and Suede. She gives off such love of song/music and the sharing of it that we are pulled in at the first note and only wish that the songs (and experience) were never-ending. Janis and Suede together are just unbeatable. The talent that the two have is beyond words.
A friend and I attended the first show and through the generosity of Suede I was able to attend the second performance, and even had a better seat!!!!Thank you, thank you Suede!!!! It was better than Christmas. Both audiences were different but EVERYONE was blown away. The new songs are beautifully sung and arranged. It sure will be a CD worth waiting for. We even had the pleasure of meeting Suede's dog Angel, who put in an appearance at both shows. Now that's a caring owner who brings her pet with her!
When you hear Suede sing, she is singing from her heart and soul and you can't help but be transformed and changed forever. I asked her if I could stay for the third show, but I guess I'll have to wait until December when hopefully she'll continue her annual performance at the Crown and Anchor.
For her to leave her beautiful Cape at this time of year to come to the "tropics" of Philadelphia, is a true testimony of her devotion to her Philly fans. We love her for it! Hearing both the new and favorite "oldies" not only lifted my spirits but will have me humming the songs days later.
Suede your love, humor, and joy touched me and everyone that was fortunate enough to be at The Tin Angel last night.
Thank you,
Lynne

Re: Wow, what a night!!!!!!!!

Lynne, you are so right!

Suede, I can not begin to tell you how much Al and I loved your show last night. You are un-be-lievable!! Many a performer can get up there and merely 'sing' a song for the hundreth time, and it sounds like they've done it a hundred times. But so rare a talent how you seem to 'experience' each song like it's the first time. We think Janice is amazing; she and her keyboard are one - she's a keeper.

So, is it possible for one to share something intimate, 'one-on-one'...with a crowd?!? Heck yes!! I was just so blown away. And remember where you heard it first - 'Fifty' is fabulous, and getting better all the time...

And speaking of your crowd, we got to spend some time with Lynne before the show, and had a drink downstairs with Robert afterward, plus a few others whose names I've forgotten. What a great night!

Thank you, thank you,
From One of the Fold

ps - can't wait for the new CD. As my father, may he RIP, would say: we would like it 'immediately if not sooner'.