Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paying It Forward

Regrettably, I am one of those Diva Devotees who can not attend the July 28th benefit for Suede's brother in Londonderry, NH, so I am taking the opportunity to support Suede in a very concrete way by making a donation from afar. A quick perusal of the number of posts and views of this wonderful Community Forum provided by our dear Diva reveals $$$$$.$$ that boggles the mind (over 1000 views for some of the more popular threads) if each post/view were translated into even a small donation of $20.00, the average cost of a DVD. So, I would like to propose to all of my fellow Diva Devotess out there that this is the absolutely perfect opportunity to put real meaning into the popular phrase of "practice random acts of kindness" by taking the three minutes that it requires to write a check for whatever amount you can afford, put it in an envelope, address the envelope, stick a stamp on it, and drop it in a mailbox (I actually timed myself).

Suede gives us her all with every performance and enriches our lives every time she steps onto a stage, so now it is our turn to "step up to the plate and swing for the fence" in support of Suede's brother, Dave, her all-time biggest fan. At the very least, this collective action on our part would be the epitome of "paying it forward!"

Since I have already done it, here is the information you will need to mail in a tax-deductible donation:

Check payable to: NFUUF (North Fork Unitarian Universalist Fellowship)
Check Item Line: "Dave's Fund"
Mailing Address:
NFUUF
P. O. Box 27
Greenport, New York 11944

You will be amazed at how good it feels when you drop that envelope in the mail!

"If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain."

Thanks in advance to all of you who participate in this opportunity to pay it forward for the Diva and her family.

Mint Julep

Re: Paying It Forward

Mint Julep--This is a great post. Thank you. I will be in NH on the 28th of July. Suede's brother has done the impossible with his disease and improving way past what was thought possible. His and his wife's courage have been so far above the norm it skyrockets to the sky. This has been accomplished at great cost not only in money, but in stress and health and endless problems with the treatment. I decided that I would send the amount of money it would cost me to go to Philly to see Suede and donate it to her brother. I will have another time to listen to Suede and at this time I wish to honor her and her brother. Please, as many of Suede's fans that can,help her family in time of need. Mint Julep, I will listen to the concert for you and your partner

My dear Sallie,

Thank you for being the first to respond and take action on behalf of Suede's brother, Dave. As a nurse and a sister, I know how difficult the medical, financial, and emotional journey has been for Suede's entire family as you do as well. What a wonderful donation you have made.

And thank you for listening with your heart the night of the benefit for my partner and me. We fervently hope to have the opportunity to re-connect with you in the not-to-distant future.

Mint Julep, you certainly are an "angel"! What a thoughtful idea to set up a "support team" around Suede and her brother, Dave.

I, too, am unable to attend the fundraiser in NH, yet I know my "spirit" will be hovering about. (When I first heard/read of Dave's illness, I immediately wanted to jump on a plane and give BOTH Suede and Dave a HUGE hug! At least I hope the "hug-vibe" was felt on the EAST COAST.)

With MANY years of care-giving experience, I "get it" and support YOU and FAMILY all the way, Suede.

So "touching" are your hearts, Mint Julep and Sallie.... I'm "in", as well.

Wholeheartedly,
Terri

TR & Trisha,

Welcome Aboard! I hope that everyone who visits this Community Forum between now and July 28th will also follow their hearts and will devote the few minutes it takes to "jump on board" with us. Everyone who pays it forward gets a ticket to ride no matter the amount! I can not imagine a trip more meaningful or rewarding than a Journey From The Heart such as this one.

I also hope that everyone who takes this journey with us will post a brief note (even anonymously if need be) with the tag line: "I just got my ticket to ride!"

So as the phrase goes: "A-LL A-BOARD!...!..!..!"

you are all absolutely amazing. thank you so much for your incredible generosity once again.

since dave's incredible story is coming out, as it were, I want to let you all know that he's doing remarkably well and beating all the odds by leaps and bounds. we are surrounded by an amazing community of support of all sorts and dave is changing lives and inspiring countless people as he lives this extraordinary experience.

I am grateful beyond words for your good wishes and support as well. you really do astound me, my dear devotees....

"I just got my ticket to ride!"
Many blessings to all!

"I just got my ticket to ride"... even before "Paying it Forward" was posted.

Wishing David a total and speedy recovery!

JazzFan & Toni,

As the younger generations say: "YOU ROCK!" This is going to be a great ride for us all!

And Jere, thanks for clarifying the perpetuity of Dave's Fund and that every $$$ is dispersed directly.

These are the hottest "tickets" on the Internet!!

WOW....

This is definitely a FIRST CLASS "ticket", ALL THE WAY, "people"!!!! The "Suede-train" ride only gets better, while it's passengers, more AMAZINGLY supportive and spirited!!!!

A-LL A-BOARD....
Terri

I'm on board, and the check is on its way!!! Many thanks to Suede for sharing her talents and love, to Mint Julep, Sallie, Jere and others for the suggestion and information about this concrete means of encouraging those in the battle with the big C. Will miss the NH and Philly concerts, but there for the Jazz Festival in August.

Love to all.

Dutey

You Go, Dave! And as always, "You Go Girls!" Thanks for the invite for this ride, who could resist?!
"There are many more adventures to look forward to.." I always tell myself this when I can't make it to the Diva's next performance... but particularly this very special show. So, sending my ticket, and many happy wishes & prayers to Suede's "All Time Biggest Fan", from her "#1 Fan on Cape Cod".
MJ, many thanks for starting this off, and thanks/hello to all devotees sharing this ride~

All the Best,
ML

Dutey & ML,

You are both "EXCELLENT!" and "FABULOUS!" as our favorite singer would say.

To all the other wonderful fans out there who can't make it to Londonderry to hear Suede, instead of purchasing a ticket to the show itself, consider buying a ticket to ride on the "Dave Express" and come along with us. There is always room for more on this trip.

I fervently hope for and look forward to a "Standing Room Only" passenger list for this incredible journey that is being powered by the collective heart and generosity of Diva Devotees. Paying it forward never felt this good before....right down to the molecular level!

you are ALL excellent and fabulous, indeed. wow....thank you a million times over.

Jere, no wonder you are such a busy woman!

As explained by Suede on your clarification post, what an incredible and direct contribution you are making by setting up and managing “Dave’s Fund” on behalf of Suede’s entire family. Of course, having had the privileged opportunity to meet you recently, I can’t say that I am at all surprised by your generosity of spirit. You are the epitome of the expression: “Dynamite in a small package!”

So, my fellow Devotees out there, what do you say that we keep Jere busy with those “tickets to ride” on the Dave Express! Let’s light up the sky as we pay it forward.

As the Diva would say, M.J., blush, blush.

And, exCUSE me -- who is calling whom a small package??

Keep those checks coming, my friends. This is a worthy effort, and one
very close to Suede's heart. Any of us who has gone through all the ancillary
expenses around a serious illness (reduced income, direct costs not
covered by insurance and more) understands how burdensome they can be.
No gift is too small to make a difference. You are all a remarkable posse,
and I thank you.

"If you think you are too small to be effective you have never been in bed with a mosquito."

A-L--L . . . . A -- B-O-A-R-D ! ! !

Wow, did I miss a lot on this message board while I was away!!!! What a wonderful way of "paying it forward". Thanks Jere and Mint Julep for what you are doing. So I shall get "on board" today and get "my ticket to ride" to the mailbox. Warm, positive, and happy thoughts are being sent to Dave and his family.
Lynne

Lynne,

As my dear mother would say, "You said it in spades!" I, too, have been away much too long.

Mint Julep, you are so right about that mosquito. Amazing how something so seemingly small can make such a HUGH difference. Buzz...buzz...buzz...will get my "ticket to ride" in the mail ASAP!

Thanks, Mint Julep & Jere, for all that has been said and for all that you are doing to unite us into an effective drive for "paying it forward" for the Diva's brother and family.

Can't wait to read about last evening's benefit. Any first hand reports out there?

Dixie Darling, thank you so much for riding along with us.

I, too, am waiting to hear about the benefit show in NH. Hope it was a night to remember for all those fortunate enough to be in the audience.

My dear Sallie, what's the scoop on the evening in Londonderry?

To ALL who got a "ticket to ride." What fanastic support you have given to a family that is so grateful for the help. The exact amount Suede will have to share at a later date. The house was packed with both Dave's and Ginny's friends but also Suede's. About half way through Suede asked if everyone there did not know what this benefit was about. At the rear of the room some indicated they did not as this was the first time they had heard her. She introduced Dave, Ginny. her sister, and her mother. The room rocked with love. Raffle tickets were sold before the show and during intermission. The responce was great. A large amount was raised. The raffle was for a vacation around PT. (lucky person who won that!) The Diva outdid herself again! The performance was one to remember for a long time. All of you that can make it to Philly this weekend should really have a great time. She included some of the new songs. Mint Julep and Jere, I listened for both of you. Your ears should have been receiving great sounds Saturday night. I can't thank you enough for all your work to make this happen. Dave is thin right now and needs rest to help heal, BUT his spirit, twinkle in his eye, positive attitude, smile, and humor is well and much alive! By the way, her mother is remarkable! I am tempted to call her "Diva" number 2...I now know 3 of her children and all of them are "winners."

Sallie,

Thanks so much for the first hand account of the evening in Londonderry. I was there in spirit the entire night!

"I just got my ticket to ride!"

(You are right, Mint Julep. It really felt grand as I put that envelope in the dropbox at the post office.)

With a moniker like "Dixie Darling" and your generosity of spirit, you are obviously a Steel Magnolia!

On behalf of Suede and her family, thank you for hopping on the Dave Express with your "Ticket to Ride."

Welcome aboard, DD! The boy has arrived intact.

you're all so incredibly amazing....and you have made a profound difference in my brother's life and, indeed, my entire family's life by showing your generosity in, yet again, extraordinary ways.

dave is beating the odds and thanks to 'dave's fund' a huge stressor is lessened significantly and THAT'S, in large part, due to you! great thanks to jere for managing the fund and great thanks to mint julep for spreading the word to the devotees far and wide. we're keeping the fund open indefinitely for those who joined the game late.

I am humbled and inspired by your generosity and support. truly.

Borrowing from the song that the Diva dedicated to me during my amazing birthday celebration in May, I would like to thank all of you from the novice tourist to the seasoned traveler who thus far have bought tickets to ride on the Dave Express by ascribing these words to your individual and collective acts of kindness and generosity of heart and spirit:

Here's to life,
Here's to love,
Here's to you.....for paying it forward!