Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THOSE "red" boots....

"HOT WOMEN, COOL JAZZ"....

THOSE "red" boots were made for "sing'n" and that is what our DIVA-delight is doing out here in LA, as Vox Femina's guest artist. Suede WOW-ed the audience last night, AGAIN, with her artistic brilliance, charm and styl'n attire, not to mention the "naughty-scales" of humor. (To use the drumsticks or not?...That IS the question!) ALL of it, certainly "defying gravity"!!!! (How about THAT lengthy standing ovation?!!? Hmmmm....not surprised!!)

We're "double-dosing" on DIVA-highs, as we anticipate this afternoon's performance, in one of the finest concert halls (Zipper Concert Hall), I've seen Suede perform.

Flying high, with the "high notes" of memory,
Terri and friends

Re: THOSE "red" boots....

WHEW.... it took a bit of time, here, to drift my way back to the Santa Monica area, after being "heavenly" BLOWN AWAY, to the MAX, at Sunday's afternoon show!! Although Saturday's evening performance was incredible, how fully "amped" Suede and Vox Femina were on Sunday was amazing!! What a "DANGEROUS TONIC".... you women sizzled, setting the audience ablaze!! THOSE "red" boots only added to the heat in that concert hall!! (Could there possibly be a longer standing ovation?!)

Judging from the all-around BUZZ, we WILL be seeing a lot MORE of SUEDE in the LA area.... oh, yeah!!!!

Adrift, in a fabulous "wonderland",
Terri, "mom" and friends

Hello all who read and post on the board. From the comments above you now realize what the Diva can do with a fanastic group of women singing with her. The Vox Femina were outstanding with their section of the show with voices only given to few women. The director has accomplished what only a few can do. Suede'section of the show was filled with standard and new songs she has selected for consideration on the new CD. Both shows were a treat to be there and hear. Her stage present and comments with the audience truely were the highest caliber of being a professional. When the opportunity presents itself go to all of her gigs and make a special effort to catch a show when she is the guest of a chorus.

Hello, Sallie!

I agree with everything you said, as well as my daughter, Terri. Suede and Vox Femina were a delightful pairing. My wish, however, is to see Suede in the Los Angeles area more often.

I was introduced to Suede on my first OLIVIA cruise in 1999. My daughter, who travels frequently on OLIVIA trips, kept boasting about an amazing performer named SUEDE. As God as my witness, it didn't take long before I became "addicted", too! It's very rare to witness a talent who knows her "stuff", reaches new heights and continues to be so genuinely personable. (I should know, in my 73 years, I've seen MANY entertainers come and go throughout my lifetime. Most are bland and poorly "put-together" or managed.)

My recently deceased husband and I used to listen to Suede's music and watch her DVD with my daugher, moved to tears and laughter. Most memorable, tho, were those dances in the living-room, dancing "cheek-to-cheek" with my husband who got the biggest kick out of Suede. He suffered from memory loss and a stroke, yet the days were a lot brighter, whenever we'd "swing the mood" with Suede's gifted talents. "She's one of a kind", my husband would repeatedly say.

Thank you, Suede, for embracing our lives with music, your heart and your hugs,
Mary "mom"