Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey, Lynne Schneider!

Hey Lynne Schneider! Did you hear?
You-know-who will soon be near.
On a recent post, you asked for as much,
Did you know your words would have the magic touch?
Yes! Suede is really Philadelphia-bound,
And we can't wait to hear that wonderful sound.
So it's off to the Tin Angel on August four,
Where you know she'll leave us applauding for more.
We're clearing our calender and so should you,
Same goes for anyone with a similar point of view.
So thanks, Suede, because you got the goods,
And for bringing them to our neck of the woods!

Until then,
Amy

Re: Hey, Lynne Schneider!

Amy,
I wish I could respond with a rhyme but all I can say is YES...YES...YES!!!!!! I can't wait to see Suede again. I'll be up at the Cape both in June and July for awhile and it'll seem strange to walk by the Crown and Anchor and not have her performing there. But hey. we've got her coming to Philly....so who could ask for anything more?
By the way Amy, which show will you be going to?
I really enjoyed your poem...very talented.
Lynne

Hi Lynne,

Same as last year, we'll have dinner downstairs at Serrano's and then attend the second show. The food was really delicious and we loved the atmosphere. All in all, we are looking forward to a great evening. How about you?? (I tried your temple.edu email - did not go through)

I know I'll be on the edge of my seat, hanging on her every note. Over the years, my husband and I have seen many shows in many venues in and around New York, all differnet types of entertainment; cabaret, jazz, rock, comedians, classical, musicals, you name it - and many names we all know - and when all is said and done, there is often something left to be desired; maybe it's poor accoustics or a comedian who was really funny - for the first 15 minutes, or the singer who's voice was shot, or was boring (or just bored, maybe), or just didn't 'connect' with the audience. For just some reason or another, it doesn't meet with expectations... When we saw Suede last year for the first time, there was not one thing left to be desired, except for the fact that it ended too soon...hint, hint. She is really a pro, so talented and truly skilled at her craft, and also funny, and so human. Suede could share billing with ANYBODY and shine like the star she is. Amy

Hi Amy,
I am heading up to the Cape today for two weeks. I am so excited. I'll be seeing you on the 4th at the 9:00 show. It should be a blast. Can't wait to hear some of those new tunes and my ole favorites.
Lynne

Hey, Lynne!

My partner and I are here in P-town for one more week. So if your stay on the Cape is here, we would love to connect with another Diva Devotee. If you have internet access while you are here and can still post on the Community Forum, perhaps we can meet for a real live chat! If not, hope you enjoy the weather here as much as we do....Charleston is so hot this time of year, that it ought to be illegal! We always enjoy our escape to the Cape.

Hey, Mint Julep,
We just got back from P'town. Sorry I didn't use my computer while there. It would have been great fun to get together with you and your partner. We are returning on Aug. 17th Any chance that you will be up again to the sunny beaches, fair winds, and wonderful seafood area? We can't get enough of this place. As for your home area, we want to visit Charleston but not in the summer. Once I retire, we will do lots of traveling on the "off seasons".
Again sorry for the missed opportunity to connect! If not in August, then let's plan for it next summer. We have already booked the last two weeks in July for 2008.
Lynne

Hey, Amy:
My plans have changed for the 4th. We'll be going to the early show (6:30),so perhaps I'll see you on the stairs as I am going down and you are going up! I just know we, and the audience, will have the time of our lives. I am really looking forward to it.
Lynne

Lynne,

Like ships passing in the night, I am sure we passed you and yours on Commercial St. more than once!

If all things go according to our usual plans, we will be back in P-town next July as well. So, let's make it a date for dinner for four in 2008!

Mint Julep

Mint Julep,
yes, yes, and yes! We look forward to the chance to have dinner together. We will be there for the last two weeks of July, "God willing and the creek doesn't rise". Isn't it the most magical place? I have been summering there for 61 years. I was 4 months old on my first trip. My family rented a house on the Cape Cod Bay for the summers. It was a wonderful place to grow up as a child. So my heart is always there.
Lynne

Hi Lynne,
If not on the stairs, then right outside enjoying the evening air. Look for me, and enjoy the show! Amy

Hi Amy,
I can hardly wait til this evening. I'll be waiting for a friend around 6:00 outside. So we may run into each other then or between shows. Let's hope it's a cool weather evening! I saw Suede in Rehoboth, Delaware this spring and the new songs were amazing. See ya later!
Lynne