Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Little Suede Fix

A few years have passed since Ive seen the Diva herself...so heading to the Birchmere this weekend. Im bringing a Newbie with...so pretty confident she will be impressed beyond words. I dont usually stalk musicians unless they are FABULOUS. Looking forward to being filled with the Diva Spirit. Take Care...and see you there!!! ~V

Re: A Little Suede Fix

Venus. let's make it a FULL house. Bring everyone you can. Suede fans who live in the area have a large treat in store for them when they attend. The Diva has some new songs to share with us. Those fans that are outside D.C. I hope you are in the travel mode right now. (I fly out tonight) See you there!

Hey gals, if you have ever thought of seeing Suede, the Birchmere is the perfect venue. Great sound system, and food is pretty good too.

This is not the best date for the show as the Mystics are having their season opener with all the parties and getting together, so given the audience pool for each, some of us are conflicted.

Well, I should not say some of us, as I made my decision and will be there awaiting the first note. Come along on the magical ride only Suede, Max, and Janice can deliver with a warm, loving and caring audience.

You don't want to miss this evening.

See you there.

A PS to Dutey's post to say that all the guys in Suede's audience are ALSO invited, as ALWAYS - even though they don't seem to be as verbal here as her gal pals. Her music and fantastic entertaining is for everyone, across the board - no matter one's age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, eye color, shoe size, anything. I personally wish she was MUCH better recognized far and wide because she's got the chops and certainly works hard enough for it to be, so it seems.

I am one of those old timers who learned about her on PBS from my son who is in his 30's and loves great song stylists, but only GREAT ones. He and I agree that there are far too many wannabes trying to sing that great song stylist rep without the heart or chops and Suede's got both in spades as well as also doing new original tunes written by contemporary writers! She's just got great taste in material in all ways. That's not to mention she is an incredible entertainer. Rarely have I seen it all in one package and Suede's got it.

My son discovered her on TV and shared her with me. And she is one of the all time greats. Please do not limit her recognition here or anywhere to the fact that she's got a wonderful following from wonderful women far and wide. She deserves more, much more! I have not yet seen her live but imagine if it is half as fantastic as her PBS special my little heart will hardly stand it. What a way to go, though! I'd be smiling!

Finally, if I was within range to see her I would be there every single time I could, no matter how recently I saw her. She is one of those that never does the same show twice, I imagine. I can tell by seeing her authenticity on PBS. That stuff isn't rehearsed. It's REAL, inspired by her audience and every single night that's different. I'd love to see her in action, in the moment! If she were near my town for a run I'd be front row every single night because I don't want to miss a single note or moment with the Diva's presence, voice and sense of humor. To me, it would be like Ella or Sarah being around again and my missing it? No way. Hope I get to do that soon somehow. All of you who can are lucky, indeed.

I could not agree more with William Morris' assessment of Suede. She is
completely authentic, and no one works harder on stage (and off, for that
matter). The show at the Birchmere last night was one of the best I have
ever seen. There were many new tunes, as well as the old crowd pleasers.
Suede, Janice and Max were totally in synch, and the audience (which was
very much a mixed crowd -- hurrah!) was great. She had them in the palm
of her hand every step of the way, and the dynamic between stage and
seats was electric. The tech crew at the Birchmere is outstanding, so
lights and sound were optimal.

And to add icing to the cake for those of us who frequent this message
board, today is Mint Julep's birthday, and she and her party celebrated the
occasion by attending the show. Suede, in recognition of one of her most
devoted fans, dedicated two songs to Mint Julep and her partner. And, for
the record, I am happy to report to other readers that Mint Julep is as
cute as a button!

William, there is NOTHING like seeing this fabulous talent working live
up close and personal. Many of us travel considerable distances to do
just that, and I certainly hope that the Diva's touring schedule brings her
into your realm very soon. You will never be the same. I'm just sayin'.

...."tis a little bit of heavon right here on earth"...Jere is so right about Saturday night at the Birchmere. The crowd was indeed filled with fans...no matter what their personnel preference might be. The Diva is for everyone across the board. Please catch her concerts whenever you can. The "Shop with Suede" Sunday afternoon to raise money for the LGCW was a fanastic time for all. The LGCW joined Suede in song and then the fun began. Suede helped raise over $8,000 so the LGCW can continue to sing. Then the audience was treated to "The One, The Only" Suede in great voice, the horn section in bell tones and the comedy between the Diva and everyone! Memories are indeed made of this. Way to go Girl!

first timer

A long 5 1/2 hour drive from N.Y., I was given tix to Suede after being exposed to her cd,s and commenting that I liked her style. I am a New Yorker who loves seeing my gal Celeste perform in Ruby Fruits. Suede, you knocked me out! Bravo!!! Well worth the trip!