Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the diva

I am a longtime fan of the Diva..I was curious.Is Suede her real name? and when is her birthday, does anyone know? There doesn't seem to be any information about her on her sight...which I just found last evening.
thanks so much Suede for your voice

Re: the diva

Trisha,

For a delightful read, go to the message thread entitled "Birthday Diva" on 12/08/06. There you will find an amazing stream of birthday salutations posted during the month of November along with Diva Devotees' stories of how they first heard and met Suede. Suede herself once posted a brief history of how she became to be known as Suede which apparently began as a shortening of her real name on school papers in order to fit it in the space given to write her name on as well as the "David & Goliath" tale of her legal battle to keep it professionally. By the way, SHE WON!

And as the saying goes: "Welcome to the fold, newbie!"

mint, thanks for the info..do you have a copy of this information about her name, etc...I couldn't find it actually and I didn't have time to read all the threads but will go back to them..but gather her birthday is Nov 30TH..lol
thanks so much for the info
Trisha

oy, this question about my name...I wonder if madonna, cher, sade, queen latifa and others have such ongoing curiosity? I'm sure they do, actually.

yes, "suede" found me quite by accident, or was the universe's plan perhaps. my first name is suzanne, which got shortened to "sue" early on, much to my dismay. not that I have anything against the name - it just never fit me. so..."sue" got too close the small "de" that starts my last name - thus suede. my third grade teacher started calling me that and it seemed to fit. I liked the sound of it and, being a lover of words, loved the spelling of it as well. it seemed interesting and unusual to me - nothing having to do with the fabric at all - just the word itself. this happened when I was about 10 years old and I have gone by that name since, beginning with my family calling me that the very afternoon I came home and shared the story. it's not a stage name or something I cleverly created - nothing nearly as interesting as that. simply a nickname that found me and is now my legal middle name and trademarked for use professionally as well.

hope that answers the question! and, welcome to the fold, rediscovered newbie!

Thankyou very much..I think it is very much you...the name...for some reason I felt that your name was Susan...not sure why.
Hope you have a great evening in KC...enjoy...be safe..
trisha

Suede, I believe it must have been the Universe's Plan for you to be gifted with a fanastic name that fits you so well. I like the fact that "Suede" denotes the best in music, great interaction with your fans, concern for your staff, lover of animals, support for LG movement, and all around grand lady. Take care, be well, and laugh about something every day.

as the saying goes, just don't call me late for supper! look out KC, diva's in a MOOD!!!! didn't bring the red boots tho....and they've got their own following now, it seems! when I don't wear them people seem genuinely disappointed. you're too funny, my peeps! I do like dressing for you....