Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caribbean Cruise Gig

Was anyone at Suede's Caribbean shows last week? They were awesome! Please tell all, Cyndi

Re: Caribbean Cruise Gig

The Diva never fails to amaze me and fill my ears with the most wonderful sounds. On the Caribbean Cruise the ships back up people were the best ever. Suede gave each of them the opportunity to show their ability to play their instrument. Their combined talents and Suede's voice were indeed a great joy to be there and listen. To me, this was the best ever concert and each concert I have attended has been top notch. She has a new song "I like to Lead when I Dance" that is a winner. I understand it will be included in the next CD. This song alone would be worth the price of the CD. As is the custom on board ship the entertainers introduce each other before the headliner for the evening preforms. When it was Suede's time to do the introductions she sang "No Regrets" without back up music. You could hear a pin drop while she sang. Her voice was clear, on key, and exciting to hear. As far as I am concerned any cruise that Suede is performing is worth the price of the trip just to attend her events.

I was on that cruise, first O cruise ever. I went, mainly, to see Melissa----------and I enjoyed her, BUT Suede was a real surprise for me. I never thought much about jazz--never really got into it. Anyway, my sister told me I must see Suede, she has seen her several times and LOVES her!!! Suede was spellbinding, I had never heard her before, I was engrossed in her voice. When she sang Emily Remembers, it brought tears to my eyes. The notes she hits and holds were incrediable. I bought her DVD for my sister, it has been on since I got home from the cruise---I really want to keep it, but Suede autographed it to her. I did get 2 CDs and anxiously looking forward to her next. Sorry you missed this Cyndi.

Hi Sandy,
What did I miss?
I was at Suede's 2nd show and thought it was incredible! Suede's crystal clear voice was totally amazing. Loved the scatting and the interaction with the band!
P.S. Regarding the CD Suede signed for your sister... you can order another on this site for you! :)
Take care, Cyndi

Cyndi and Sandy,
I regret I did not have the pleasure of meeting you on the Cruise. We could have had a "Fan Club for the Diva" meeting and packed all of the front row seats. Perhaps at another time we might be on the same cruise again. I hope it happens. Until then........