Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Many Facets of a Suede Concert AND a Review of the “The Women We Love”

For the past year I have been traveling the east coast on a journey to attend some of Suede’s Shows that have that little extra zing to them. Each of Suede’s shows is an extraordinary experience. Suede can really strut her stuff and wow the audience; however, there are the shows were something extra is added. I have been after the extra addition. I started last year in Oakland, MD. where the extra was Suede performing in an outdoor concert among 400 + picnickers… outside in the moon light, wearing flip flops instead of red boots. This was also a concert which lasted much longer than 2 hours. Then on to Provincetown, for the extra of a totally Diva produced concert with the next day being a worldwide primer of “We're Nobody Yet“. I missed the New Year’s premier of the “red boots”, but who was to know. On to Cincinnati and the extra of a wine and cheese party prior to the main event, with the Diva singing only to a select few, prior to the main concert. Then to Tampa. Ah, Tampa, the city of my dreams (nightmares???). Maxman was the extra addition to this concert. I had only seen him one other time and got such joy off the antics being played between the three of them. I missed the MC-ing, but I am sure there will be other days. Then back to Cincinnati, “the city without responding taxis”. The tuxedoes, the men, the voices; no better back drop could a Diva ask for. Advertised as a “show not to be missed” and no truer words have been written. In the near future will be Diva calling Bingo and Diva playing at a hot piano bar. I have missed the MC-ing and the National Anthem; have caught up on the “red boots”; Nyack sounds interesting with an extra of a gourmet dinner, hm! But let’s face it folks, the BIG headliner and drawer will always be Suede; with those newbies who keep rolling, rolling rolling in.

The “Women We Love” was a two act musical honoring women of social significance to the women vocalist of today. The songs chosen were songs that brought about thought and laughter. The gentlemen in their tuxedoes were in awesome voice; sober when needed, playful at other times. Suede had a three song set in the first and second acts, with “Sister” in the finale. The Diva introduced two new songs into her songbook during this concert. “When You’re Good to Mama” (from Chicago) in the first act and “Defying Gravity” (from Wicked) in the second act. She nailed them both. Hopefully, we will be hearing them again and again and again. I saw the concert twice and would love to sit through it a third, forth, and fifth time. That good it was!

Suede, any thoughts of making the next CD a double? Your songbook is rapidly filling!