Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
L.A. Experience

Well???? Who attended to let the rest of us know how it went?

Full orchestra???? Any back-ups???

Is the CD going to be for sale????

Re: L.A. Experience

this was strictly studio rehearsal and then recording with musicians I met that morning - not open to the public. a full day indeed and very successful. diva was fully used up - in good ways. I was also interviewed for the film. the song will not be released as a solo but will be used in the film and in promo for the film. we had a camera crew there during much of the session for possible use in the film as well. not sure when it will be released but keep an eye on www.8facesofjane.com for that news. the song (we're nobody yet) with jane chambers' lyrics and music by bronwen jones of LA was recorded with piano, vibes, and string 4-tet of violin, viola, cello and double bass. it was a great day on a 36 hour turn around to LA....phew! what a life! on to DC now for two big concerts and recording with LGCW next weekend when the big peace march is also happening. think of the energy that will be generated!!!

AND now for the question burning in everyone's minds.... did the red boots make it into the studio?

Take my word for it -- the song as rendered by our favorite alto is magnificent. Have not yet heard the final mix, but the rough version played back that day is terrific. Bronwen Jones (who will be scoring the entire film) wrote a haunting melody to accompany the lyrics, which were drawn from Jane's poetry, and she did a fabulous job in the instrumentation, already described above by Suede, and in the lovely, quietly dramatic arrangement. The musicians are first rate professionals, all of whom adored working with the Diva. The engineer at the controls has an ear par excellence. Suede is a marvelous interview, of course, and she and Bronwen together commented on the unorthodox creation of the song and on its process in studio. The red boots enjoyed a well-deserved rest in Wellfleet, and Suede's traveling shoes were a pair of comfortable brown old friends. For a 36-hour day, a girl needs comfort more than glamour.

yes, the comfy fave brown merrills which didn't really go with the cosTUME I filmed in. but I made a point of making sure the camera wouldn't show them - just so you know everything. the red boots would have been fab on screen but didn't fit in my backpack for carry on which is the only thing I took along for the quick adventure. those boots will be seen elsewhere, I promise.

Phew... the possibility of a second chance! Things will never feel quite right until there is a peep of the whole package, let me tell ya.