Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What a way to start the New Year!!!!!!!

Although it's been 10 days since Suede's performance on Dec. 30th in Provincetown, I am still humming the songs in my head (no one can stand my singing voice!). I just can't get over Suede's energy and her voice. It's over the top or as the Brits say, over the moon!!!! I have been trying to find words to describe how fantastic she was...but I can't find the words to say how much better and better she was because she's so terrific to begin with. She just had that "extra,extra" to all she did. Wish I could describe it but sometimes when an experience is so pure and deep, words just can't come close to explaining it.
So if you were there I am sure you feel the same way and if you weren't there, hold on and get to one of her performances ASAP. Then you'll know what I am trying so hard to say, but can't.
Cheers for a great year to all!
Lynne

Re: What a way to start the New Year!!!!!!!

I'm with you Lynne! I was there, and could not think of a better way to end the year & welcome in the new! I floated away from her show with happy feet, and have been beaming ever since. The house was packed, and you could just feel the great energy she spread throughout the audience. I was even so lucky to share a Kodak moment w/ the Diva, which has been having a turn as my desktop background at work. (Didn't you LOVE her in that red outfit?!) So, as people have been inquiring what's w/ my Cheshire cat smile, and who is that hottie Diva I'm with? Conveniently, I just happen to have my cds to share a song here and there. No doubt there are some future newbees in the midst!

Here is another die-hard that was there....Gee, I wish now I had known you'all were also starting your New Year on a HIGH note. I enjoyed everything the Diva shared and especially "I Lead When I Dance." I do hope it will be included in the next CD or the one after that. I plan to be attending the 27th and 28th January concerts with the Choir in Washington, D.C. Perhaps I will see you there! She was stunning in the outfit she wore...of course she is outstanding in anything she has on.

ML & Sallie,
I agree that red outfit was so...............GREAT! Good idea Ml, I'll try to get a "Kodak Moment" next time.
Sallie let us know about the D.C. performance. I'm hoping to make the one in Delaware in April but it may not be possible.
Lynne

what about those boots?

Hmmm. How did I miss the boots??
Admired the necklace though... NICE touch w/ the red outfit!

how DID you miss the boots?! red tony lama cowboy boots! oh yeah.....all put together, my friends. stylin' for my peeps! part of the fun as far as I'm concerned.

This peeper is in serious need of an eye exam... How did I miss THOSE boots??!! Mother always said, "keep your chin up".. but I bet she never knew the things she could be missing... *sigh*
And, I never did get to inquire if the Diva has been taking to the sky w/ further flight lessons. A musician/artist/entertainer/producter/pilot in the make???
Wishing you safe travels, Always. & TAWANDA, eat your heart out!

I guess Suede is climbing to new heights and soaring with her flying lessons?????? While grounded her boots were marvelous!!!!!!!! and made for walking!!!
Lynne

yes, as michael sang so gleefully in "peter pan" "I'm FLYING!!!!!!!!!!" and I love it completely. I'm hooked. I am in LA as I write this (in rehearsals and the studio tomorrow for the recording of the jane chambers song - see the tour page). when I left Ptown today we flew through total soup - by instruments only. I was fascinated with my new found pilot's perspective! best part of all is that the lessons so far were gifted to me for my rather significant birthday a couple of months ago. so if you're STILL stumped on what to give me check out www.racepointaviation.com (wink). this is yet another childhood dream being realized. so yes, lynne, add budding pilot to the list! any other pilots out there? as peter said to michael (coz we all know how much I love peter pan) "think lovelier thoughts, michael!"

Are you into Take-Offs and Landings yet?

I am a huge Peter Pan fan. I remember when Mary Martin played Peter on TV when I was young. I was just glued to the TV and wanted so much to fly. I've shown the DVD of it to my first graders so they can understand what a "play" is all about (and perhaps foster some imagination). My favorite song was about never wanting to grow up and I still don't want to grow up (nor do I feel it or act it most of the time!)
I think I got off my point here, I give Suede lots of credit for wanting to learn how to fly. It scares me to death to be on a plane. My longest flight was 16 hours to South Korea from JFK and that nearly did me in without the help of a movie, etc. I will fly to get somewhere but for weeks before I am a nervous wreck. So Suede what's the secret of not being afraid ? I'd sure like to know.
Best wishes for a great recording. We all are looking forward to seeing the film and hearing your voice in it. You sure are soaring in many ways!!
Lynne

toni: I took the controls on the first lesson. shocking, I know. that was it. no turning back. I've got 6 hours logged so far, have had some pretty good take-offs and have followed the lead on landings, not piloting my own yet. as for take offs and landings - the other day roger, my instructor (and new fan - wink), bestowed a bit of wisdom when he made the point that take offs are optional, landings? not so much. in addition to being a wonderful teacher he is great fun. we're having a blast!

lynne: the best way to get over a fear of flying is to take an introductory lesson. you'll learn so much about how the aircraft works in the air and you'll understand why it bumps around sometimes. I wouldn't say I was afraid of flying but I wasn't wild about bumpy flights and now they do not bother me in the least because I have been behind the controls and feel how the plane stays in the air. on lesson three or so we even intentionally stalled the plane three times in the air so I could learn what to do in the rare chance that ever happened. it was pretty amazing to feel the plane fly on its own aerodynamics.

or read erica jong (again I say, wink). sorry but you handed that one to me. how could I resist?

Okay so I am to go up in a plane with a pilot and then turn off the plane and feel the feeling????????????????? All I can say is you sure are alot braver than I am. I think I'd need some major drinking before and/or maybe after that!!!! (And I'm not a big drinker!!!)Perhaps I should just stand on Herring Cove Beach this summer and wave a beach towel as you soar by.(smile, smile) Really, I'll give it some thought.
Was your going out to CA and recording the song for the movie the news you almost told us on Dec. 30th at your show and then said you couldn't?
I can't wait to see the movie and hear your song.
So your Merrels were made for standing and your boots were made for walking (wink)?
Keep soaring!
lynne