Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Janice Friedman

Janice, Suede's pianist, has finally posted for sale her new CD, "Swingin' for a Ride". Now, we all know Janice can play a mean piano, but did you know she can also sing AND write songs (music and lyrics)?

Janice's website is www.JaniceFriedman.com. It is well worth your time to take a visit to the site and "Listen" to her music, both from past CD's and her new one.

Those of you from NYC or Jersey, if you check Janice's schedule, will find many appearances in your neighborhood.

Who knows, maybe we will hear a duet at one of Suede's gigs... how about "Paper Moon"?

Re: Janice Friedman

YES!!!!! bravo, toni! let me say janice's new CD "swingin' for the ride" is MAGNIFICENT all the way around. and, yours truly was in the studio with her for some of the mixing so I KNOW it's done well! it is my new favorite CD and there is no reason I need to say that. if you love what I do you will thoroughly enjoy this CD by my new musical pal. it's great. go get it. you won't be sorry. and if by some outrageous chance you are disappointed, I will personally give you your purchase price back. how's that for an endorsement!

Many artists recorded "It is Only a Paper Moon". However, Suede, who was the first? Hint: 1933.

For what it's worth, Ella Fitzgerald recorded it in the 1930's, but not sure if it was as early as 1933.

Well, Suede, now that Mint Julip gave you the answer... the point was, just another song to add to the "Suede Sings Ella" CD.

Toni,

I had not even realized that Ella would have been old enough in the 1930's to record anything! I second that motion about a CD with one more suggestion. How about Suede also singing "At Last" and calling the CD "Suede Sings Ella & Etta!"

I was going to guess Shirley Temple sang "Paper Moon". And, I would have been wrong- obviously. I'm so bad at those type of questions,it's a good thing I can just play the gosh darned tunes! (And, I do love that one. In fact it's on my CD "Triptych".)

I want to thank you Suede and Toni, and thanks to all of your wonderful people for such a warm welcome into the Suede fold and for being so incredibly supportive and positive about my new CD, "Swingin' for the Ride". I hope all of you that pick it up or go to the website to hear a sound bite or two, love it. And I thank you so much for taking that leap of faith and making the effort to listen to it.

So far I've gotten incredible response to it. I know it surprised our Suede (which I have to admit felt absolutely great). I'm sure that Suede and I will work up something fun and exciting to do together in the vocal realm just to add a little something to the already spicy Suede show.

Meanwhile, and by no means an aside, I know Suede's new CD is going to be altogether a mouth watering experience and I am psyched to be a part of it.

Again, thank you. And everyone, I hope you have a beautiful holiday and that all of your dreams come true in the New Year.

Janice

How easily a tread can get away from the main topic. So to get back, I received Janice’s CD’s (Swingin’ for the Ride” and “Triptych”) yesterday. WOW, Janice!!!! I had a very clear picture of you at the piano, serenading your husband. Hope you had at least a tape to give him for your 1st anniversary. Your song “Swingin’ for the Ride”, with “And my monkey’s goin’ long, he’s hap’ly singin’ his own song by my side.”, has me not only tapping my foot, but smiling too. There is not a song on the CD that I would have left off… each one is so appropriate for this package. I was totally blown away by your writing ability, had no idea you had that ability in you, too.

I had forgotten that “Triptych” was an instrumental CD. Thus when I mentioned singing “Paper Moon” with Suede, I was a little off… however, I am sure you and Suede can pull it off big time.

Keep producing!

It's a happy sounding CD, isn't it? It's a good time in my life and I wanted to share that and help other people to feel good as well. So, thank you for the beautiful review.

Janice