Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golden Globe Watch

Golden Globe nominees were announced this morning. Will be televised January 15. Have you seen the list yet??

I'm usually not a big 'award show' devotee but thought it would be fun to share our own concensus of everyone's favorites and recommendations, or for that matter, not-so-favorites for this year. Which, in turn, will probably be a motivator to many to see certain other movies/shows which will, in turn, make the 'Golden Globes' more interesting to watch, and to try to predict right here in Suede country!!

'The Queen' really liked this one. helen mirren was very good. watching this film is like being a fly on the wall and that's always fun. and i didn't look at my watch once.

'Volver' the critics loved this one - i liked it but was alittle disappointed. the subject matter was heavy but was dished out in a pretty light way... can't help it - i was expecting a more intense drama. the acting was good, and was, at it's best, a wonderful story of women and how they support and nurture one another.

'The Departed' a genre that i usually don't get into but this was actually pretty good. keeps you guessing right up to the very last scene.

on my wish list, 'Notes on a Scandal.'