Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Eight Faces of Jane Promo

Today I received a DVD promo for “The Eight Faces of Jane” documentary. I was surprised by the familiar guitar strumming of “Kairos” and then again by the familiar bars of “Sister”. Then it made me start to think… wouldn’t it be awesome if our Diva received an Oscar for the main song she has done for this documentary!

Re: The Eight Faces of Jane Promo

yes. it would.

PS. for more info on the truly remarkable jane chambers, the film which is providing my first soundtrack appearance and an opportunity to contribute to its budget please visit www.8facesofjane.com

Jane Chambers was a remarkable woman to have been born in the Deep South, just 90 miles above my adopted home city of Charleston, and to have had the strength and courage to not only be herself, but to give a literary voice to the lesbian community at large.

And how incredible it would be if this film gives our Diva the national audience she so richly deserves. I am sure Jane would be as ecstatic as Suede!

Suede, does the song have a title?

yes. the title of the song is "we're nobody yet" and the lyrics are compiled from various works of jane's. it's a beautiful, haunting, powerful song. I find it very moving and if my radar is tuned up so did the audience at the debut performance of it in provincetown last month.

Suede, Mint Julep, Toni, et al -- I am very gratified to report that Suede's sensitive and loving approach (as evidenced by her performance in Provincetown last month) to this song, the lyrics of which were drawn from Jane's poetry and set to music by the talented Bronwen Jones would have thrilled Jane. She was my dearest friend, and I believe strongly that Suede is the PERFECT person to bring this lovely song to life. Yes, Mint Julep, Jane was a voice for the South as well as for the lesbian community. As an actor, I have been privileged to perform in many of her plays, and her dialogue flows like that of no other Southern writer -- even Tennessee Williams. For an actor, working on a Jane Chambers script is like eating creme brulee. Toni, I would like to add my personal thanks for your support of this project (I know the producer, Alison McMahan, sent you the promo DVD with her own note of gratitude). Documentaries like this have a very long shelf life, and it is our intention that Jane's contribution to the lesbian community will remain a valid and authentic presence for decades to come by virtue of this record of her too short life. Suede and Bronwen will soon be recording the finished version of "We're Nobody Yet," and it will be the signature sound for the film. All of us involved in the production are very gratified by the Diva's presence on the team. How blessed we are!