Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
aaahhhhh the concert!!!!

Yes, I’m the one who was “disappointed” with not being able to see Suede like I use too, with her old schedule. Aahhhh, but the wait was well worth it. I feel so honored to have been present for her one and only concert at Women’s Week. The Diva gets better and better ever time I attend one of her shows. Just when you think her last show was unbeatable-BAM!!! She knocks you off your feet!!! I brought 2 newbies with me and they were blown away and HOOKED!!! Her trio was fabulous, what a beautiful blend and lets not forget the super KJ Denhert, she opened for Suede, she was totally awesome and the finale with the two of them jamming was great, they were having a blast, in turn making it very enjoyable for the crowd.

OH ALMIGHTY DIVA, I WILL NEVER DOUBT YOU OR YOUR DECISIONS AGAIN!!!

and thanks for the autograph

Re: aaahhhhh the concert!!!!

yep. that WAS fun. thanks for being there and for the great post, luci. glad you were happy with the concert and "got" why we wanted to do it that way. I guess change is never really easy but growth can't happen without it and I am absolutely committed to continuing to grow, get better, demand more of myself in my work. stagnancy is not acceptable. thanks for trusting me....we'll see you out there somewhere at the next one! and keep telling your newbie friends, too!

I just got back to Florida after 4 days in P’Town. The primary reason for the trip was Suede’s production of “Suede”. Now we all know that our Diva can hit all the right notes and keep us all continually applauding… but we did not know that she also has the talent to produce. Out of all the productions I have seen Suede in (others producing) Oct. 14 will go down in history as the most awesome production yet. Not only were the posters announcing the production of a grand scale, but she even had a pre-show tape being played of some yet to be performed songs. I was in the 2nd row and being swept into heaven until some very boisterous people came into the 3rd row and drowned out the sound of pure gold. That was my only complaint of the entire performance. Perhaps the tape could have been played over the loud speaker. I caught a hint of the recordings after the show, as everyone was leaving, but again too much noise to be appreciated. Otherwise, the sound during the performance was perfect and I would imagine difficult to achieve in such a large room with a high ceiling and balconies. The lighting made the room come alive and really lighted up the Diva in her sparkling, oriental, red jacket.

It was a tremendous show as only Suede can do. Suede just gets better and better with each show she does!

For those of you that were unable to attend Suede’s debut into films, wait until you hear her sing the song for the Jane Chambers documentary. It will absolutely blow you away! The lyrics of the song are from different poems that Ms. Chambers wrote and were put to music by a composer from California. However, the piece de la resistance comes when Suede sings the song. Too bad most of you will have to wait until the documentary is released.

One last point: The Floridian FROZE in P’Town!

Hello,

I am a bonified "Suede Newbie", with Saturday, Oct 14th's performance in Ptown being my very first exposure to the magnificence that is Suede. I had not even heard her name until that afternoon when a friend suggested that we go to her performance. As soon as she opened her mouth, she took my breath away, and I haven't gotten it back yet. I have all but worn a hole through "Emily Remembers"...it has been set on permanent "repeat" everywhere I have gone since hearing it that evening, including the 3 hour drive back to Natick! The purity and clarity of her voice, the deep feeling and sincerity delivered in that ballad, does not merely share the story of Emily, but draws the listener in, until they become one with it. I wept as I heard that for the first time Saturday evening, and have done so many times since then. In the DVD performance, everything else disappears, as Suedes' voice envelopes the room, transporting the audience into that place of immesureable love and sense of loss felt by those who have experienced Emily in their lives. Love and Regret (a song about her dad, not yet released), brought tears to my eyes again, and changed how I feel about and view my own father.

Thank You Suede, for having such magnificence, and for sharing your extraordinary presence and gifts with me that evening. I am not the same person who entered that hall, I am so much more for having experienced you. I too am hooked, and am already looking forward to my next experience for New Years in Ptown.

Re: Re: aaahhhhh the concert!!!!

and again...I am rendered nearly speechless.

what amazing comments from you all....how can I possibly thank you?

as privileged as this incredible life is, making a business out of one's childhood dream and passion and being solely responsible for all the details in its success or failure is risky business in the best of times. for this run to have lasted 25 years (so far) is phenomenal. I am very clear that I owe it all to you, my truly amazing fans.

in 25 years I have been overlooked by all aspects of the music industry many, many times but you have been there - many of you for the entire 25 years since my first little bar gig with my guitar in baltimore and following faithfully ever since, bringing newbies along all the while. you have given me this life, my childhood dream. I am truly blessed and grateful for it.

I will keep doing what I've been doing, keep trying to get better at it and continue to look forward to each opportunity to be before you. I'm a long way from done, people!

stay tuned!
suede