Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Think Emily Remembers....

dear TR -- so sorry to hear of your loss. your comments from bud about my work have made me smile on more than one occasion, I assure you.

we tried to delete the post you requested and instead lost the entire thread somehow. I apologize for that. the post and tribute to bud was so lovely...

we all wish you peace, gentle, swift grieving and some comfort in the knowledge that you gave bud an extraordinary last few years by virtue of your great generosity and caring for him in all the ways you did....

Re: Re: Think Emily Remembers....

God bless Bud and may he rest in peace knowing he was loved. Emily Remembers is truly a gentle and haunting song of love found and cherished. Whoever wrote the song, plus Suede's gentleness with the love in it, truly make it a love song for the ages for love that cannot be lost or forgotten.
.......Thank you

Re: Re: Think Emily Remembers....

Bless your kind souls, Suede and Pat....

In honor of Howard ("Bud"), my step-father and you, Suede, I shall re-post for others to read:

Due to ongoing complications with Alzheimer's and a series of strokes, my step-father, "Bud", passed away on Saturday (9/16/06), while holding my mother's hand. (My mom and I believe his spirit flew to "Philly" to catch Suede's TWO shows at the Tin Angel.) His love of music and dance was apparent whenever my mother or I would play ANY of Suede's music or her "Sculler's" DVD. (Not long ago, I remember my parents dancing throughout their living-room.)

Even with my step-father's memory loss, he'd ALWAYS comment on Suede's MANY talents, "Now there's someone who knows her stuff....you don't see many entertainers like her anymore....she's GOOD!" Mood swings or not, "Bud" thrived on the "medicine" of laughter, music, dance and the talents of SUEDE. (Thrilled, am I , knowing he had the opportunity to see Suede perform LIVE in '04, at San Francisco's Empire Plush Room.)

Humbly, and most sincerely, WE thank you (you've helped make some "difficult" times a little easier),
Terri, Mary and "Bud" Spirit

Re: Re: Re: Think Emily Remembers....

yes, it is an incredible love song. I am continually amazed at the impact it has on so many people and the ripple effect out from them - it's so validating for those going through the same challenges in their lives right now or having lost loved ones with similar symptoms...incredibly healing and deeply moving. and as I often say in my introduction to the song, it is a story of the kind of love we all want to know we have in our lives - truly unconditional.

the song was written by a great canadian songwriter named shirley eikhard who, btw, also wrote bonnie raitt's hit "let's give 'em something to talk about." she's a wonderful, wonderful person and a great artist. I am truly blessed to have connected with her and been granted permission to sing and record her songs.