Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks!

I never posted here but I would like to say: thank you to Suede, because today I received two cd’s, “On the day we met” and “Barely Blue”. No need to say that I am very pleased and enjoying the beautiful voice and music of Suede.
Some time ago, when I was surfing on the internet, from “Indigogirls.com” to “Olivia.com” to “view all entertainers” to “Suede.com” I discovered you. I heard “Emily remembers” and I was flabbergasted. Why isn’t Suede world-famous?

I read the thread “book, movie, music suggestions” and I was wondering if you knew the books of Sarah Waters and I am glad you did. I am reading “the Night watch” her latest book.

On the cd “On the day we met” I was surprised to see you sing a song of Janis Ian “This must be wrong” (funny song I think). Now I am a huge fan of Janis Ian, she is coming to the Netherlands for a tour in October and she will perform in a LRC (living room concert). I am looking forward to that. Since a couple of years I rediscovered her, but I bought my first LP of her in 1976 “Between the lines”.
And now I was thinking: How about “Silly habits” sung by Suede?

Just one more question: Is it possible to get the lyrics of the songs? Can’t find them on the website. I am always very interested in lyrics that go with the music and secondly to sing along.

Best wishes to you all.
Annette (from the Netherlands).

Re: Thanks!

May I take the liberty to convey to you, as our fabulous Diva always says, "Welcome to the fold, Newbie!"

If you are lucky enough to get a copy of her limited-run DVD from Scullers, you will discover in the Photo Gallery feature a picture of the Diva with Janis Ian as well as Suede's own "at 17" picture. The DVD is a must-see, must-have for all Diva Devotees, newbie & non-newbies as well!

hello annette!

glad you got the CDs so quickly and very glad you're enjoying them as well!

thanks for sharing a great story about how you found me and thanks for the very kind words as well.

I was fortunate enough to visit amsterdam last may and immediately fell in love with the city. don't know where you are but my family (from dad's side) is dutch belgian so it was interesting to feel a sort of ancient connection while there...I hope to get back soon.

as for janis ian - she is absolutely brilliant and I, too, started listening to her in the 70's from her first LP. incredibly, I now count her among my friends and as a HUGE fan I can tell you her work continues to astound me. if you have not seen her in a while her concert will blow you away! if you get the chance to say hello for me she'd love it.

re: lyrics...I decided not to include lyrics on my recordings, partially because I pride myself on my enunciation (and like to show that off). however (and don't tell the others...) if there are particular songs you'd like lyrics for I'll have someone send them along so you can belt it out in the shower!

welcome to the fold, sister!

Re: Re: Thanks!

HA!!! I left my post before reading this one.

thanks for the "welcome" mint julep! made me chuckle at myself....

thanks also for the plug for the DiVaD...blush, blush.

Thanks for the welcome, Mint Julep and Suede, much appreciated!
I am sorry; I was not able to respond earlier.

I would love to buy the DVD, but I don’t know if I can play it here in our country. Is it region free? Or can it be played on any computer? I don’t know much about these things, only that I have to pay attention. Does anyone know?
Beside that I’d love to see the picture of Suede with Janis Ian.

Wonderful you loved Amsterdam, I hope the weather was not too bad, because I remember the last weeks of May there were many showers and it was much too cold. Did you perform as well?
I was born and raised in Breda, a town not very far from the Dutch Belgian border (15 minutes drive).
Well, I hope you get back soon!

The last time I saw a concert of Janis was in Amsterdam in April this year and you are right it blew me away. In October I will certainly say hello to her for you, Suede, after the concert while she will sign all kinds of stuff.
In August I visited your country again, there was a BBQ organized by Janis Ian fans (Rudies) in Pittsburgh, August 12.
I was there with another Dutch fan and there were two Aussies as well, besides the American fans. It was fun, after the BBQ, we visited other fans in Pennsylvania.
It was a pity that I didn’t have the opportunity to see you perform in Provincetown.

In the early ‘90’s I visited several times my friends in New Jersey (they don’t live there anymore) and once we were in Provincetown. I liked it very much, maybe I return someday to see you perform, I’d love that.

About the lyrics, I have to make a choice, but I don’t know yet, I will post that later.

Now I am planning to send an email to a Dutch “sort of easy listening” radio program on Sunday morning. I hope they will broadcast your songs one day.

Annette.

Re: Re: Thanks!

the DVD is universal and can be played on any DVD player, be it on computer, TV, anywhere!

and for the sake of other fans across the ocean, please know that paypal will accept and convert other currencies into US dollars so if that concern has kept you from shopping at suedewave.com let it go!

again, janis ian ----wow, wow, wow.
please do tell her hello for me! she'll get a kick out of it!

Jippie!!!!!!!! I am going to order, no time to waist!

Don’t worry, Suede, I will say “hello” to Janis for you.

Annette.