Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Tin Angel

Once again Suede was at her top last night at the Tin Angel. She always leaves us begging for more. Her range is unbelievable and her passion for each song is incredible. The woman never tires and I never get tired of listening to her. The addition of Janice just made the night over the moon. She is some talent. How ever you two found each other makes it all the better for us, the fans. Suede it was wonderful to get the opportunity to chat with you for a bit after the show. As always you are so gracious to us all. And I even met Amy!!!!!! It was a night to remember (hmmmm....isn't that a title of a movie but unfortunately with a very sad ending?)
I sure am looking forward to the "annual" bring in the New Year performance on Dec. 30th with Suede.
I am sooooooooooooooooooooo fortunate to have become a member of "the fold" to hear Suede.
So to all you fortunate ones who will soon be hearing Suede, at her various places, enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy! I sure did last night. It gave me lots of energy today to do stuff I usually hate to do. I guess I need to hear her every week or so!!!!!!!!
Suede, have fun on the Cape -- my favorite place to be.
Lynne

Re: The Tin Angel

Hi Lynne, It was so good to meet you, too. And I've enjoyed conversing with you on the message board. I'll keep my eye out for in the future. We have really delved into movies and books and can't wait to see what comes up next. by the way, didn't get to the museum that day but one of these days I will. I work in a gallery so of course, that is something near and dear to my heart. By the way, did you eat downstairs? We did and the meal was excellent.

How can mere words from those of us not blessed with the Diva's way with notes begin to express the absolute joy she brought to each of us on Saturday night? The real blessing is that she shares her gifts with us so graciously and enjoys the sharing so completely. The entire evening moved through time so fast that all wanted to keep time at a standstill to further bathe in the smooth notes and melodies Diva spread over the crowd. The Pearl Lady so graciously shared her jewelry as well!!!

My friends and I had a newbie with us, and she was absolutely thrilled to have experienced the evening. She has e-mailed that her new CD is getting a real workout as she relives the first Diva show she had attended.

Diva---Cannot wait until October to enjoy the interplay again. Congrats to Janice and our dear Bea for their special contributions to a splendid evening.

Hi Amy,
It was great to meet you also. Sorry you didn't get to the museum but perhaps next time!!!! Yes we ate downstairs so we could get better seats to see Suede. I'm so glad Suede pointed you out as "Amy", it was wild that we were seating almost next to you and your husband.
What museum do you work in? When I was little, my parents, aunt, & grandmother use to take my sister & I to musuems on weekends. I really loved it. When I was in 4th grade I was on a field trip to the NY Museum of Natural History and we met Walt Disney who was walking in the dinosaur exhibit. We had our picture taken with him and we each got his autograph. We all thought we were so cool after that!!!
Lynne

hi lynne,
that is a great story and yes, you were cool. walt disney would be like rock-star status today.
i don't work in a museum; i'm a picture framer in a fine art gallery. it's not exactly what i went to college for but life is full of wonderful surprises sometimes - we specialize in american contemporary art - original artwork for walls, art glass, sculpure, and we have some jewelry artists; (my boss even represents some of my work!)
regarding the day after tin angel, i'm glad you got some things done; i nursed a bit of a hangover and did absolutely nothing (when i got home that night, i stayed up watching a movie until about 4:30am.