Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
back up ?

Greetings Diva Fans:

I went to find out more about the new addition to team Suede,Janis. When did Suede become a back up vocalist????

From Janis's website: www.janicefriedman.com see schedule:

Saturday, September 16th
Back up vocalist, Suede 7pm - 11pm

215-928-0770
Tin Angel Cafe
Philadelphia

Re: back up ?

Fret not BPC,

It appears Janis is advertising her performances with Suede on her own web site. It could also come across as Janis being a back up vocalist to Suede.

In any regards, thank you for introducing me to the new addition. No doubt a dynamic chemistry I look forward to experiencing in the near future!

Cheers,
ML

Re: back up ?

ah, semantics, dears.....some of this is due to musician lingo being used, as in "I'm backing up suede on sept. 16." while janice does sing, she backs me up on piano, not vocally (as yet). I understand the confusion and hope this clears it up. in any case I'm glad you're checking her out. she is fabulous and worth the perusal, for sure. and to be more clear on those particular shows, we're doing two that night, at 7PM and 9:30, meaning we should be done by 11pm, most likely, unless the diva is signing merch for hours and hours and hours after....