Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
book

Reading a really good book by Penelope Stokes with a very small reference to Suede on page 189. Found it very interesting and a coincidence since found out she is coming to Cincinnati, Ohio in March.
Looking forward to it. Saw her in Ptown several years ago.

Re: book

Hi Ginny,

Which of her books are you referring to? I have never read Penelope's writings, but after looking at her web site, I think I would enjoy her style. Of course I'd like to start with the one mentioning Suede! And I happen to be due for a new book to begin~it makes the commute fly by.

Cheers,
ML

ginny refers to "delta belles" by penelope stokes. this was news to me as well. what fun! I've ordered it myself. maybe we should start a suede book club? I've also thought about doing up a page with reviews of our favorite books, movies, etc....

Thanks for the feedback! I've got my order in. I wonder if Penelope has any idea her work is getting a little promo here...

Any reading/movie recommendations from folks are always welcome!

Well, Mercy Me! I do declare...how could any Steel Magnolia not have a book called "Delta Belles" on her required reading list? I will simply have to put a trip to the bookstore or at the very least to Amazon.com on my Dance of Life card today. Thank you, my dears, for the information.

Another "thank you" Ginny. This is going to be a MUST READ.

well? has anyone else read it yet? I got my copy yesterday and ran right to page 189 where I am referred to as a "little known but magnificently talented young blues singer." hm. guess that depends on who you talk to (in regard to any of the references). sure beats being called "some forgettable jazz singer" by new yorker magazine a few years ago during my lawsuit against the Sony Corp. don't know about that? just ask me. good thing I remember who I am - pun intended. much thanks to penelope j. stokes for making me better known! I can't wait to read the book, which looks like great fun! and come on, let's start this recommended book/movie chat, shall we? I'll go first.