Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MT. FRESH PAVILION CONCERT

Oy... (I need to find out the meaning of "OY"... but I think I am using it in the correct context here)... There is an adage that states "once you have seen one, you have seen them all! This is so untrue with Suede's concerts! I have been to 4 concerts in the past year and each one has been more awesome than the previous one. When Suede says she will go anywhere she is asked to perform, she surely means it. This concert was held in a small town of about 7000 people at a Produce Market... over 400 showed for the concert. 85% had never seen or heard of the Diva and by the end of the 2nd song, they were all overwhelmed with her talent. The range of music went from some of her oldies but goodies to new material. One such new song added to the set was "The Lady Is A Tramp". It only took 2 lines of lyrics to be sung for the crowd to realize what song she was singing and they all broke out in applause. Comments that I overheard... were "what a hot, sultry lady", "what a voice", "Let's make sure we have her come back next year", and the list goes on. One 'ole timer commented after the concert that he wants to attend more of these free gigs. Baby Mumble looked like she was having a little difficulty moving those feet in "flip flops"... got to watch the ankles!

Kudos also goes out to Janice! As usual, her nimble fingers flow through the keyboard. Janice and Suede have really built a rapport in such a short time.

And last but certainly not least, Angel deserves a lot of credit for being the perfect dog for the Diva, bothering no one, not barking, not pestering for food... however, she does seem to sleep a lot!

All, and all, it was an AWESOME EVENT!

Re: MT. FRESH PAVILION CONCERT

Thanks Toni for your gracious post. Once again summer in Ptown has kept me from taking the road trip with the Diva and her pup. I really appreciate when the Diva is on the road and one of her devoted fans post a review. Thanks Toni.