Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's not quite a de-skunking remedy but.....

I do have the sure cure for the hiccups. Here's what you do.... You hold your breath and take 9 sips of water (or any liquid). That is 9 sips (not 8 or 10), and voila!!!!!.....all gone.

Remember this for those special moments. (You can thank me later)...

Helpful hints aside....

I'd like to say a word for all the Suede fans to see... You have been soooo very much fun. I've had the best time playing for Suede and her people.

I can tell you from a couple two-tree years of experience (OK maybe a few more then that, but who's counting?), that she and Bea, her road manager, are as nice and fun and hard working as you can find out there in this nutty business. What you see is truly what is. And, it's just a pleasure.

Musically speaking....Suede's got energy and joy and know how and it's been caught by a wonderful bunch of people out there. I am grateful to be sharing making music with her and for you folks. Lucky us all!

Janice

PS- I'm psyched for the upcoming CD....

Re: It's not quite a de-skunking remedy but.....

Janice, you mean you do not have to be standing on your head when you take your sips of water? I always use vodka and stand on my head in order to get rid of the hiccups!

Kudos definitely goes out to you, too! I caught you at the Birchmere (2nd time you played with Suede) and at the LGCW (3rd time you played) and as I told Suede, I could not get over the chemistry the 3 of you had on stage for only being your 2nd and 3rd times together. I also told her you were definitely a keeper! I do think, however, that it is time for sound to come out of those moving lips! You seem to be having sooooo much fun silently singing the songs. I also like the one note cues, keeps Suede on her Baby Mumble toes.

I did a little research and you have had quite a career, Suede is very lucky to have you with her!

Looking forward to seeing you in Oakland (the Garrett Co. one… not the other 3 near Baltimore)… hopefully you are practicing “Lady Is A Tramp”!

You have definitely earned a spot at the LGCW auction dinner next year!

I may have opened Pandora's box with regard to the sure cure for the hiccups, but, I promise you... this is the magic one (although the others may be more fun).

And..... thank you for the nice words. They are always appreciated.

Be well,
J

First, I recently had occasion to work with Janice in Suede's company, and I am here to tell ya, it's dynamite. What rare talents! And how blessed we are to be in their presence.

More importantly, however, my maternal grandmother taught me the ONE sure fire hiccup remedy. Fill an 8 oz glass with room temperature water. Stand clear of any treasured artifact (this can get messy if you don't pay attention). Hold the glass firmly in your hand, lean over and drink lustfully from the opposite side of the glass than normal (this means you are sorta standing on your head with your feet on the ground). Don't be shy. Lots of big swigs with no breath between. Never failed me!

first of all, janice, you da BOMB, babe. thanks for the kind words about all of it, for showing up in my little corner of the planet, and for connecting with the most amazing fans in the universe. I am lovin' workin' with you in all ways and look forward to much more of it in years to come. and any of those suede veterans who have not heard this combo yet, fasten your seatbelts - it's pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself.

as for hiccups. the ONLY thing that's EVER worked for me is to take in a deep breath, hold it, and count to 100 as fast as I can without skipping a single number. but then, maybe one needs the lungs of a diva to do that. and, frankly speaking, I've got some lungs, people - in case you haven't noticed.

Hug
J

Dear Suede and Janice,

I totally love the connection felt with your music. I grew up around some of the jazz giants and feel we are so blessed to have the talent again in the 21st century! You both have SO much feeling.... And yes, Suede you do have incredible lung power. I mostly notice during your scatting, trumpet playing, and while singing "Teach Me Tonight"!

Okay, my remedy for hiccups doesn't involve drinking and more to do with long deep breaths. Works every time.

Can't wait for your next gig!

Dear Cyndi....

I know Suede would agree....

It's a real respect,love and trust for life, for music, for each other and for the people that are there (and not there) that makes the magic happen. And I am so grateful.

I know... I hear a chorus of Kumbaya coming on...

Oh by the way, it's a good thing I have the piano to fall back on because I sure can't spell at all. Anyone reading, please pardon it if I've made mistakes. I'll have to tell Suede.... actually I can tell her right here....

Suede, the website is absolutely great except that we could use spell check on this message forum.....Could use it badly. But hey, your fans are forgiving. Right?

Insert piano playing smiley face here....

J

Thank you, Janice. Hm... thought there was a spell check... but I can't find it. :)
Take good care, Cyndi
P.S. Really looking forward to the upcoming CD!

Diva Devotees,

Might I suggest that instead of Vodka (like Toni uses), you should use the preferred liquid libation of all genteel women...an icy cold Mint Julep (silver cup recommended, but not required). Anyone who has ever sipped on a MJ can attest to its medicinal properties. At the very least, if it doesn't rid you of the hiccups, after the second sip you won't really care!