Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Ultimate Roll-Up

Just so you know, Suede, your music inspires great cooking and many appetites. So here's a recipe:
The Ultimate Roll-Up:
microwave any flavor flatbread you enjoy (our current favorite is tomato-basil whole wheat) for 30 seconds. Spread with garlic hummus (houoms?...homoresque?) and then a light paste of artichoke tapinade (Trader Joe's where else?). Filling can be ham/turkey/any cheese you enjoy. Or just veggies, peppers, scallions, mushrooms. Heat again, flat, before rolling, for 45-60 seconds. Add generous amounts of shredded lettuce (we like romaine, be generous with Adobo seasoning and/or garlic salt, roll it all tight and serve with a garnish of calamato olives, baby carrots, small tomatoes. Serve with hot or iced tea with lemon. relax with Suede's music in the foreground, a candle or two, and a really close friend. Enjoy.

Re: The Ultimate Roll-Up

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY, we get a recipe on this board!
diva loves to cook and loves good food!
can't wait to try it, altho I must admit I don't usually put on my own music to set a mood. why would I? I can play it live (tease, tease...).
thanks deena!

Re: The Ultimate Roll-Up

Deena--What a great idea for a roll-up! Thank you for sharing. I will certainly try this. Do you have any idea as to what kinds of food Suede likes? I enjoy cooking and have all types of things that can be done in crock pots. [fix in the morning and have dinner already cooked when you come home at night.]