Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Birchmere and Shop with Suede shows this weekend...

WOW!!! They were amazing. Your timing, clarity, song selection along with Janice and Max! We were with you all the way!

Anyone else see these show??? Please tell all, Cyndi

Re: The Birchmere and Shop with Suede shows this weekend...

... and Janice is a great addition to the whole Suede experience. Great shows, the Birchmere audience did seem to lack it's usual spirit, unfortunate for the Diva... there's always next time. The Diva looked great... keep those cruises coming, they seem to agree with you...

I have purposely delayed in writing my comments regarding the Birchmere and LGCW gigs. I have been trying so hard to find just the right words. I drove 1800 miles round trip just for the experience of hearing Suede, Janice and Max. I saw Suede in Orlando last year when she played with “the band behind the wall” and that was one of my most awesome experiences. I have been fortunate enough to see many a performer, including “The King”, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Mathis, original Kingston Trio and Neil Diamond. They were all totally awesome and I will always remember their performances. However, Suede is something else! You can feel her warmth, charm and love of music. I think someone has already said that when you can feel that “love for the music”, you are definitely hooked!

Like many of you, I first became acquainted with Suede on PBS. I immediately fell in love with her clarity, style, rhythm and stage presentation. Naturally, I purchased all that has been recorded, and they have been played to the point of soon needing replacements. The DVD is especially worn because you can feel like you are at a live performance, with a glass of wine and the lights turned down low, all the stage sensations come through the screen and into your body and soul.

As for the weekend…It was the MOST AWESOME experience of my entire life, and that is the only way I can describe it! I’ll make the 4 day drive anytime and also put up with all the traffic and blocked DC streets to see a weekend performance like that again. Suede gave her all at the Birchmere and the audience was with her on every note and stage movement. Max played it to the hill… it is hard to believe that Max and Suede are not related, though they probably perform better together than siblings would. Max is Max and will always be Max! What he does with the bass and the unrehearsed humor makes him “The Man”! Try Max out on www.maxbass.com. As for the “newbie”, Janice… she is definitely a keeper and I look forward to hearing her on the new CD. The audience can already see the connection growing between Janice, Max and Suede. Definitely a “one for all and all for one” connection! How can any Diva be so lucky as to find a second awesome pianist so quickly?

The LGCW concert was in a class by itself! It was a small group and a small room which made for the most intimate situation. One had the feeling that Suede was singing just for you and you alone. The Choir was great, Suede’s song with the Choir was great and Suede and her “twosome” were again AWESOME, though in a different way, because of the intimate feelings. It made you want to save your pennies for a “Private Concert”!

Suede, I think at the time I paid $75 for Elvis’s ticket and it was held in a super large stadium… even though your hips do not swivel like the King’s, your stage performances surpass his… especially now, at my age!  I have the feeling that this is going to be your decade! Your shows are going to be sell-outs; you are going to be gathering newbies like a “rolling stone gathers no moss”; and your upcoming new CD will sell-out quickly and have to be reprinted many a time! Go for the GOLD, babe, go for the GOLD!

that's quite a post, toni. you've accomplished the nearly impossible and rendered me speechless. thank you, truly.

I'm with you Toni... I totally believe this will be Suede's decade! My Dad was a jazz piano player in the 1950's and 1960's and I grew up around some of the great jazz giants. Seeing Suede live and hearing her incredible scatting definitely brings me back to the great talent from many years ago!

Suede's crystal clear voice and amazing range blend
perfectly with her very talented paino and bass players, Janice and Max. If you get a chance to catch a live show grab it, as they are truly phenomenal!