Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Birchmere Show

We were at the Birchmere last night and, as expected, I couldn't get the smile of my face! Suede, you bring me such joy!

Question... was it just us or did the audience go to sleep during the break? Were they out past their bedtime? We were soooo with you during the second set and yet the crowd seemed out-of-it. We felt badly for you. That can't be easy to do what you do so well and also have to explain to the audience when to cheer (for gawd's sake!). Anyway, I brought my girlfriend to see you for the first time and she loved it! She's a percussionist, and she wouldn't stop playing on the back of my chair the whole time. She kept saying "She needs a drummer!" So, I'm hoping to bring her to one of your future shows with the trio. Hopefully in MD in July (our 2nd anniversary, what a great reason to plan a weekend trip!).

Oh! And I have Ms. Alvey's info if you're still interested. (Yes, the trumpet player.)

Keep doin' what you do! It always shows when someone loves what they do, and your enjoyment comes right through!

Re: Birchmere Show

I have to respectfully disagree about the audience during the second act. believe me, I have played to non-responsive audiences, albeit not in a LONG time, thank you. I did not feel one shred of weariness or lack of energy. in fact, I felt that the crowd was actually on the edge of their seats, completely involved and listening to every note, laughing in all the right places and very playfully (without being distracting) responsive. I felt great energy coming my way from what I thought was a magnificent audience. there were even quite a few moments when I felt they were stunned at what they were able to experience by being there live! there is a real distinction between an unresponsive audience and one that is simply fully engaged, entertained and therefore less vocal. I felt completely appreciated and acknowledged. thanks to all who were there for another fabulous night.

I agree that Saturday's show was something not to be missed. I thought part of that came from the people performing with you -- Max seemed to loose his 'shyness' (especially during your rendition of 'Sister') and Janice certainly brought a unique sparkle to the show. Of course, since it is all about the Diva, you were WONDERFUL.

I always enjoy coming to your show with people who have never been before. We'd given a couple of tickets to Saturday's show as Christmas gifts and the 'newbes' were astounded by your performance.

Unfortnately my partner couldn't attend. He was getting ready to head over to Bahrain and Iraq. I am planning to start our P'town vacation a couple of days before Carnival (he's meeting me there) because of the jazz festival. I'm looking forward to seeing you then.

By the way, what's the latest on the new studio cd?

thanks for the great post and for sharing me with your newbie pals, michael! I'm always so grateful when my fans do that, be it bringing them to shows themselves or telling friends in other cities to make sure to see me live when I am in their town. it makes a tremendous difference, I promise you. that's especially true for an independent artist who goes out on tour without a publicity firm spreading the word. my fans have always been amazing in that regard as in many others. as for your partner heading off to iraq...wow. bless his heart and yours. you're in my prayers and I am certain those of the amazing fans I just mentioned as well. please be sure to introduce yourselves in provincetown on august 12 so I can thank you both personally.

Suede--your Birchmere show WAS awesome! I felt the energy and amazement you spoke of....

Michael--you and your partner are in my thoughts and prayers!

Take care, Cyndi

Well, the time is almost here. Just a little more than a week to the jazz festival in P'town. I'm really looking forward to your performance next Saturday night. My partner is back from Bahrain and Iraq and we have our tickets already. We'll see you there!

dear michael,
it was great to meet you both last saturday. thanks so much for honoring me with your presence. I found myself very uncharacteristically short on words upon meeting your partner - standing in awe for what he (and you, here at home) must have experienced lately because of his service in iraq...I cannot tell you how honored I am that you made the trip to ptown based on my appearance there. I'm glad you caught a great night and I hope you can carry the positve energy in that room with you for a long time to come.
be well and safe travels.